Part 60: No man better

When Lily had gone to the Malfoy's beach house during that summer, she thought it was beautiful. And when Scorpius Apparated her that morning, she found that it was just as beautiful in the winter. Probably due to magic, there was no snow on the sand, but it neatly covered the grass. The stone pathway that led up to the house was clean of snow. The trees around the house were still full of leaves and also covered in snow.

"My parents have the house elves perform spells to keep the leaves on the trees year 'round," Scorpius explained to her as she looked around. "And it keeps the water warm to a certain distance from the property."

"They really are amazing beings, aren't they?" Lily murmured as they began to trek up the pathway to the house.

When they reached the door, Scorpius stopped and turned to Lily. He gently took her hand, and smiled gently at her. "Before we walk inside, you look beautiful, Lily," he murmured. Then he pulled her hand, and placed his lips on the back of her hand in a soft kiss.

Lily felt her heart flutter at his words, and an involuntary smile spread across her lips. "Thank you," she whispered. And then to reciprocate, she reached up and softly and quickly, kissed him on the lips.

Scorpius squeezed her hand, and then opened the door. Scorpius brought her inside. The house was of course open and light, and very elegant. Lily smiled as memories of their summer trip here came back to her. The circle in the trees, swimming, streaking Scorpius's hair, the moment when things really began to grow between her and Scorpius.

She heard him close the door behind her, the placed his palm on her back as he came to stand next to her. "Well, we've both had breakfast. We're here. So, what shall we do first?" he asked.

Lily shrugged. "It doesn't matter to me."

"Ah, but this is your Christmas gift, so you get to choose what we do. So, what would you like to do? We could swim, visit the circle, or we could go and visit the small town not far from here. Anything you want to do," Scorpius assured.

Lily bit her lip gently as she thought about it. "Well, how about we swim for a while?"

Scorpius kissed her forehead. "Whatever you like, princess."

As the day rolled on, Lily found the date to be much more enjoyable than her birthday date. Lily found that the water really was warm. Scorpius had coaxed her farther out into the water than she'd ever been. But he stayed by her the entire time, making sure she kept above the water's surface. After swimming, Scorpius had a few house elves make them lunch, which had been delicious. Then Scorpius took her to the little town not far from the house, which Lily had found very homey and friendly. Scorpius had taken her into a tiny shop and bought her a flower clip for her to put in her hair.

"It's not as pretty a flower as you, but I don't think there is a flower that is," he had said with a smirk. Lily had only giggled, rolled her eyes, and teased him for giving such a cheesy line.

Once it began to grow dark, Scorpius had brought her back, and had instructed her to get dressed up and ready, for he was taking her out to dinner instead this time. Lily agreed, but inside wished that they could just stay in, alone. But she didn't speak her thoughts. Instead she took her bag and walked up to the guest room she'd used when she was last there. She dressed in a silvery dress, flats, and her usual accessories. She re-curled her hair, which had kind of flattened after swimming earlier, and put the flower clip in it, and finally applied a light bit of makeup.

When Lily walked down the stairs, her thoughts were still on her desire to stay in. But they flew from her mind when she saw Scorpius. His hair, still streaked, was surprisingly combed completely to one side, staying out of his face and eyes, but covered half of his ear with its length. His cheeks and chin were a bit scruffy, but looked very handsome on him. He wore a forest green button-up shirt, which did wonders for showing how broad his shoulders were. The shirt fit his chest nicely, showing how strong he was. His tie was a subtle silver color. The sleeves were practically stretched tight around the muscles of his arms. The cufflinks were polished silver. His slacks were black, as was his belt. He wore a nice pair of dress shoes to go with it. And even from the bottom step, she could smell a hint of a cologne and that smell that just purely Scorpius. The entire combination took Lily's breath and words away.