Volume III: Lessons Learned and Hunting down another Templar Agent

Start from the beginning

Then the entire scene is revealed to be in team RWBY's dorm room at Beacon Academy, and the screen of the video game Ruby and Qrow are playing is shown just as one of the pixelated ninjas decapitates the other, with the announcer saying "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!" Qrow grins at his victory as Ruby lowers her head in shame.

Yang: (whispering) Ouch.

Qrow: And by the way, don't ever call me old.

Yang: (pushing her sibling out of her spot as she grabs the spinning controller from the air) My turn!

Qrow: (while the game begins again with "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!") Now, where was I?

Ruby: (popping up from behind the two players excitedly) You were telling us about your last mission!

Qrow: Right, right... (flashes back to his story as the art style changes to reflect the dark setting and eerie neighborhood the blade-wielding warrior is walking through) I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.

Yang: (as Qrow looks at something in the shady inn, wide-eyed at what he sees) What happened?

Qrow: (kneels in his flashback under a spotlight) I was defeated... by the mere sight... (suddenly grins at what he saw is revealed) of the innkeeper's skirt length!

The vision of pink hearts, a beautiful maid with slightly-skimpy clothing, and the very happy Qrow is interrupted by a thrown dog-head pillow, which Qrow deftly catches much to Yang's ire (not helped by the game announcer calling out once more "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!").

Yang: You are the worst!

Qrow: (after he and Ruby laugh at Yang's anger) Best two out of three?

Ruby: (as she seats herself on Weiss' bed) So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow: (waving the question off) Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Ruby: And what about Altair? Did you know his father as well?

Qrow: Yeah, he and i were go way back and we are like brother as he always helping us facing off against the Grimm along the way, he's the most strongest and bravest Huntsman in Remnant. We are very admire him.

Yang: I was wondering, What does Altair do all days since he's not just a Huntsman?

Qrow: Well that was his own secret, When the time comes he will tell you two anything about it, But I'm still kinda worried about his entire family. Even he been through a lot worst, His mother had been mysteriously killed by unknown reason, So you girls should have faith in and we didn't know what happen to his father as well just like Summer.

Ruby: but we with him manage to stop Roman Torchwick and save Vale from Grimm after all. 

Qrow: (sounding more serious now) Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed; it's stopped, completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his.

Yang: (exchanging a look with Ruby) You... know the General?

Qrow: (back to his usual joking demeanor) Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated Beacon!