Where Is Your Sister?

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, I just remember you always talked about having something like this. Moving your mother and your family away from all that hall were born into. We had all these talks sitting outside on Trina's porch."

"When you called yourself getting box braids?"

A snap of her head over her shoulder. "Shut up, she was cheap."

Legend chuckles making her smile and look off at the style of the kitchen.

"Trina ended up being my hair stylist to this day. So, ha." Mercedes stuck her tongue out. "Girl had skills, now she got too many baby daddies."

Legend brow pulls. "You act like she didn't have many boyfriends at her house."

Mercedes opened her mouth to object. "I-you right. Remember the one who came and broke her mothers car window?"

"Fool needed help."

"You didn't have to hit him though."

"I didn't hit-him." Legend gave a nonchalant shrug. "I beat his ass, there is a big difference." Mercedes gives him a pointed look. "I only did it because he broke that window, and you got glass in you leg trying to get Trina out the way because of it."

"That was a crazy day." Mercedes smirks thinking about it. "Fun when you look back but crazy."

"A lot of things seemed easier back then." Legend says, eyes opening to give her a calm look. "We weren't easy though."

"That's because you wouldn't leave me be." Mercedes scoffs.

"Yeah?" Legend brows raised. "That ain't how I remember it."

Mercedes matched his brow as she walked over and leaned on the counter not to far from him.

"How do you remember it?" Mercedes asks him. Legend eyes wander to her, mouth still rested in his hand but she caught the smile. "I'm waiting."

"I remember, this shy little rich girl coming down to the court with my cousin. One who eyes kept finding me no matter where she went down there." Legend says, Mercedes nods as she listens. "Walked right in and didn't even know how many eyes were on you."

Mercedes brows pull with that smile. "If it were so many, then how'd I end up stuck with you?"

"Cause not a soul was getting in my way when it came you." Legend says to her blushing smile. "Still don't." Those eyes of hers flickering back to his making him pause for a moment before smirking it off. "Dangerous as hell." Mercedes laughed when he looked off and saw a grin appear on his face. "Don't look at me like that Mariah."

"Oh that's real unlike you." Mercedes eyes flutter. "Can't keep eye contact?"

"Don't start. That's you,"

"You the one who looked away like you can't handle my eyes." Mercedes talks and didn't realize he stared at her when she started talking. "What you scared to look into them or some-

"Don't play with me like that."

A grab of her jacket as he pulled her over to him closing that big gap—making her fall right against him. Her wide eyes on the calm ones staring back at her, those words getting stuck in her throat.