Request: Only Love Can Hurt Like This | Gojo x Reader

Warnings: JJK 0 arc and a bit of Shibuya arc kinda; swearing, canon typical violence, death, grief, murder (makes eye contact), canon non compliance (didn't feel like following the jjk 0 arc because I'm lazy)
Genre: Fluff to angst to hurt/comfort because we're all sluts for it
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Rating: PG-13
Reader Notes: Dis ones for you lil homie. Disclaimer: I did not really follow the timeline of Geto going from student to curse user so... yeah... anywho. Yall keep commenting or DMing me with ideas, I love hearing from you :) Also I kinda wanna start another one shot/scenarios/etc. book but for another fandom so leave me suggestions; Y/N's really out here making moves ok girl we see you

________________________________________________________________________________

You sat quietly at the lunch table, staring across at Yu and Nanami. Gojo and Geto, as they often were, were having an argument.

"I'm telling you, it's a sandwich!" Gojo threw his hands in the air.

"A hotdog! Is not! A sandwich!" Geto snapped back, shaking his head in frustration.

"Do either of you even know what goes into making a hotdog? That's the real crime here." You interrupted, taking a sip of your juice. As per usual, you were ignored. Having enough of the ear splitting screeches from both parties, you and the first years left the table, a headache sure to ensue after everything you'd all been through.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" You looked to the side, noticing Yu staring intently at your face.

"Yes?" He always had a question.

"What's it like being the sibling of a special grade sorcerer?" You prickled at the comment, shooting Yu a sneer. He meant well, but sometimes he didn't know where to draw the line in filtering his comments.

"Peachy." You replied, pushing off and leaving the two boys on their own. Taking a walk around the campus, you took in the natural beauty. It really was something to behold, especially in the spring when things were just starting to bloom again. Sitting down beside a small pond, you picked up a rock, skipping it across the water with a huff.

"Hey!" You nearly jumped into the water at the sudden intrusion in your peace.

"Gojo? Go away." You frowned, leaning your head onto your resting arms.

"Why the long face?" The lanky sorcerer asked, ignoring the demand for some time alone. Squinting at him, you wondered how he would react to speaking in a somewhat negative light about your brother. Don't get it wrong, you loved him dearly. He was one of the best friends you'd ever had, and Gojo could understand that, but they were on the same level. You weren't, and it had created a string of tension between you two.

"Nothing." You pushed down the thoughts. Instead of leaving, Gojo took a seat beside you.

"It doesn't sound like nothing." For once, the jester seemed to be sincere in his concern. Looking at him out of the corner of your eye, you shifted on the soft ground, sighing before giving into the burning stare that was hitting the side of your face.

"Do you think I could ever become a special grade like you and Suguru?" You blatantly asked, lolling your head to the side to watch his reaction. Most people would just grimace and make up an excuse to either leave the conversation, or let you down easy. Gojo, instead, sat there in thought.

"It depends." You pressed your lips into a thin line.

"On what?"

"If you're willing to put in the work." He sated matter-of-factly.