Mario Kart || Yuji x Reader

Warnings: Mild swearing
Genre: Fluff/ General
Pronouns: Gender-neutral/ NB
Rating: PG
Reader Notes: Kinda a friends to lovers thing dont @ me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sat along side your close friend Yuji, the two of you leaning over the edge of his bed as you screamed.

"WHAT THE HELL, (Y/N)?!" Yuji shrieked as you hit him with a blue shell, passing him at the last second and winning the race with a smug grin.

"Guess you just have to get good, scrub." You leaned back onto the bed, arms crossed lazily behind your head as you teased your friend.

"Stop calling me 'scrub', you know I hate when you do that." Yuji whined, plopping down beside you, a heavy sigh coming out of his mouth as he stared up at the ceiling.

"You want to play again, don't you?" You glanced over at Yuji who nodded enthusiastically at your proposal, shooting back up and handing you a controller.

"You realize that I'm going to beat you again, right?" You cockily asked, raising an eyebrow as you bragged.

"Yeah, okay, (Y/N). Just wait until I get my OWN blue shell." He huffed, choosing a map and starting it, the numbers counting down on the screen as you pushed some buttons, your kart speeding off as Yuji's slowly accelerated.

"HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THAT?!" He yelled, trying to gain speed as he drifted around a curve, falling to fourth place behind you and two bots.

"I've literally explained this to you like seven different times. It's not my fault you can't understand basic instructions." You cackled, inking him as you took first, passing the expert level bot you were playing against. On the last lap, Yuji knocked your controller out of your hands in a dirty attempt to win. You still won, having plenty of time to dig it out from under his bed, gagging at the pile of unwashed clothes that was stuffed under it instead of being in the laundry basket you bought him.

"I hate this game!" Yuji sulked, throwing his controller down and flopping back, turning on his side so he was facing away from you, upset at another loss.

"Oh, don't be like that Yuji-kun." You teased, poking his side as he wiggled, trying to get you to stop without bursting out in a giggle fit.

"S-stop! And don't call me tha-t." He choked out, stifling his laughter as he told you off, pushing you with a little too much force as you fell off the bed, hitting the ground with a thud.

"(Y/N)?! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" Yuji knelt beside you as you rubbed the back of your head that had taken the brunt of your fall.

"Nngh. It's fine, just a bump." You assured him, standing up and seeing stars.

"(Y/N)?" Yuji cautiously asked, reaching out to hold your arm as you stared off into space.

"Mmmmm.... Okay, all better!" You clapped your hands together as the blood finally came back to your head, a dull throbbing still lingering in the back of your skull.

"Jeez, I thought you were going to pass out on me or something." Yuji sighed, letting your arm go, letting it flop against your body.