Chapter 21 - Routine

A month later, Abhimanyu and Akshara were settled back into their routine. Akshara had rejoined Birla Enterprises in a heartbeat when Abhimanyu had gently asked her, without any pressure, allowing her to make her own decision. She had reduced her hours though because she was still completing her masters.

And he fully supported her too, explaining concepts to her, answering questions, and testing her when she needed to be challenged. But beyond all of this, he would spend as much time with her as possible, going out for day trips, lathering her in kisses, sleeping with her head on his chest or even little things like learning to cook for her. He was head over heels in love with her and madam was no better. She would be dying for just one glimpse of him.

And of course people at work had noted the change in his behaviour, as soon as Akshara had returned as his secretary. But no one could comment on it, they were all far too intimidated by their boss who they knew hated gossip.

Abhimanyu smiled coming in to work to see people gathered around. He spotted her straight away clad in a soft pink skirt and white blouse looking like an angel, his heart beating fast, she was the centre of the fiasco.

He walked up to them and instantly their eyes met. Abhimanyu slowly let his gaze drop to her neck where sat her necklace that he was too familiar with. Although she had decided that it was too early to tell people about their engagement, her engagement ring still sat around her neck in a necklace that she never took off.

Abhimanyu smiled warmly at her as she blushed, his fiancee. "Mine" his eyes communicated to her.

And Akshara blushed back, confirming his authority on her with her eye, "Yours".

His eyes glinted with mischief as he broke their gaze and looked back at the crowd.

"What's going on?" he asked, his voice serious with command and Akshara couldn't help but smile knowing how gentle he actually was.

"SIR... Akshara's results came and she has topped her semester..." Dhruv one of the work colleagues announced excitedly.

Abhimanyu smiled, folding his hands over his chest.

He knew.

Of course, he knew.

In fact, she had been sitting in his lap last night while opening the results because she was so worried about the outcome. Rubbing his hands over her back, pressing kisses to her neck, he had been trying to calm her down and reassuring her that she would certainly pass. And here madam had topped!

And then they had been the first to celebrate, cutting a cake and popping open a bottle of champagne to celebrate her hard work.

"Really" Abhimanyu smiled mischievously, pretending he didn't know anything about the results "Congrats Akshara"

She smiled and blushed at his teasing glance, "thank you Sir" she replied softly watching his reaction.

Sir.. the word.

The minx.

She knew what it did to him.

"Akshara we are so proud of you," Dhruv said excitedly and Abhimanyu raised his eyebrow, glancing at the guy again. Wasn't he getting a little too excited about his Akshara?

He watched the stare he gave Akshara and felt tension build up in his body, he knew that look. This boy had a crush on Akshara. Oh no, you don't buddy.

"Thanks!" Akshara said curtly, noticing the change in Abhimanyu's demeanor as she begged with her eyes for him to calm down.

But then Dhruv did the unthinkable, before Abhimanyu knew it, he had wrapped her up in a warm hug in an attempt to twirl her around.

And Abhimanyu instantly growled, clenching his fingers.