Chapter 2 - Bright

Abhimanyu cleared his throat as he stood in front of the petite girl in front of him, she was dressed brightly in a red floral dress that matched her fragrance - floral and vanilla.

She was looking at him with a large smile, her eyes beaming.

"Good morning Sir, my name is Akshara... I am your new assistant. I graduated from DA business school in Mumbai, rank number one, and have two years of experience" she announced, listing off her credentials.

And Abhimanyu slowly nodded, gesturing for her to take a seat. She would have been interviewed and employed by the HR department and that was good enough for him. Most of his secretaries or assistants didn't tend to last.

"Akshara," he said sternly, as he shook himself back to reality. Why did he feel automatically drawn to her? Like a magnet?

Why did her aura exude joy and bubbliness?

From what planet was she? So different from his world.

His aura, he was sure, would exude darkness.

"Yes Sir" she replied immediately, taking out her notepad to begin writing notes and falling into her role as an assistant.

"You have received a handover from Mandy... the old assistant?"

Akshara immediately nodded.

"So the daily tasks...?" Abhimanyu trailed gesturing to his normal routine. He crossed his arms, he'd be surprised if she lasted at Birla Enterprises. Such brightness did not suit their world. They were closed off. She would probably be off crying by the end of the day.

But then she surprised him, opening her mouth.

She listed each task and how it was already done.

"Files have been arranged in order sir.. meetings with Singhania's have been arranged for 11 AM.. the proposal for the MIRO deal is set to be finalised at 1 PM today..." and she continued her long list.

If he had a question, she would have the answer.

He raised his eyebrow in suspicion.

And she gave him a smile back.

So bright.

He sighed giving in.

He would see how long she lasted.

And he gave her another look.

She just glowed back at him.

He just hoped in the short time she was here, it would not go. Her glow. Not everyone needed to be sucked into the dark and dreary life like he was caught up in.

Sighing, he nodded, in approval.

"Okay," he said gesturing for her to leave.

Akshara turned around to leave work but then she stopped.

Abhimanyu watched curiously.

She hesitated and then she turned around.

Walking up so she was beside him, Abhimanyu felt his heart race, what the hell? what was she doing?

He felt nervous all of a sudden. A feeling that was completely new to him.

Akshara smiled, she reached over and grabbed the remote sitting next to him and then pressed it.

The blinds behind him instantly went up, revealing the beautiful skyline view of Mumbai.

A ray of sunlight welcomed the room.

And she looked pleased, looking back at him.

Giving him a knowing look, she gently whispered, "one must let in the light somewhere sir".

Enjoy, looking forward to reading your feedback while I still process that Twist in Time is done lol.

N x