Chapter 4 - Cherish

Abhimanyu and Akshara walked out of a meeting at around 7:30 PM. It had been a long day of jam-packed meetings off-site with investors, board members, and potential future collaborations. On top of that, Abhimanyu had been invited as an executive guest to many events for his reviews. As his assistant, Akshara had accompanied Abhimanyu everywhere, traveling with him to various locations all throughout the day, ardently taking notes, and keeping track of the day.

And Abhimanyu had to admit it.

He was impressed.

Yes, she was bubbly, loud, and enthusiastic.

And to be honest, downright adorable.

But beyond that, she was... incredibly intelligent, extremely charismatic, and all-around impressive.

She carried herself with such class and dignity, and had such refined knowledge on all topics that everyone he had been with throughout the day had commented on her excellence.

Akshara being Akshara had humbly accepted and left the topic at that.

Beyond that, she had read up on all the projects, diligently prepared notes, researched ahead, and organised everything that he required for the day. It had run so smoothly that it had surprised him.

And now he looked at her, she must be exhausted?

But no... madam was smiling.

That smile.

She carried it everywhere with her.

It was infectious.

Walking out of the office and onto the street, Abhimanyu folded his coat over his arms and grabbed the file from Akshara's hand so she could walk more freely. She gave him a grateful smile back and then looked ahead.

The streets were loud and the hustle and bustle was present.

Mumbai.

And Akshara seemed so happy.

He noted that her gaze was caught up with something in particular. Scrunching his brows in confusion, he followed her line of vision to spot what had occupied her so intensely.

And he noted.... a stall?

He squinted to get a clearer view of the stall in the far distance, what kind of stall was it?

Walking up closer he noted it served various drinks and street-style snacks. Looking back at her he noted her attention was caught up by one particular drink.

He followed her line of vision back... "methidana ka pani" he read mentally.

Abhimanyu stopped and made a face.

Methidana ka pani...fenugreek water?

This is what had occupied her attention.

Looking back at Akshara, he noted how she deliciously licked her lips looking at the drink.

Abhimanyu chuckled, breaking her strong focus. She turned around to look at him.

"Sir?" she asked confused at his chuckle.

Abhimanyu leaned closer to her and she gasped, steadying her racing heart rate.

"Akshara... do you want a drink?" he asked slowly, teasing her.

She made a face, realising she had been caught over her love for methidana ka pani.

"Sirrrrr.." she whined, chiding him slowly as he laughed.

And then she stood still with her hands on her hips, completely forgetting he was her boss. How dare he laugh at her!

"Sir, you've never had methi da ka paani before?" she asked him, her face serious as if it were the most serious question in the world.