Chapter 16 - Love

"Akshara... Akshara" Abhhimanyu cried, running towards her down the hallway. He would not let her go this time. He already had once and it had been the greatest mistake of his life. All his light had left.

And looking into her eyes just then, he realised that the light that was placed in her eyes was gone too.

She could tell him she didn't love him.

But her eyes, her eyes had never lied to him.

They told him everything.

His ray of light.

He stopped at the end of the corridor that led to an outside area with a balcony. The balcony was dim but glowing in the lights that were surrounding the area. And there she stood. The biggest light of his life.

Akshara.

Tears were sobbing down her face.

A total mess.

"Akshara..." he whispered, creeping closer to her, as a sense of restlessness washed over both of them. The need to pull each other close. To embrace each other.

He watched her shaking silhouette as she trembled under his gaze.

"Akshara I love you," he told her directly and watched as her eyes widened.

And she let out a gasp.

He could not wait any longer.

He did not care.

They were not made for small talk.

If this was all he could ever say to her, then she had to know.

Akshara stammered, her eyes wide, as she lost her balance and gripped the balcony handle to control herself.

What?

He loved her?

The light from the tea lamp illuminated her beautiful face as he waited for her reaction.

For her to say something.

But nothing ever came.

As if she was still processing something.

Abhimanyu's heartbeat raced more and more as the seconds passed.

And he felt his heart crumble into pieces.

Was he that unworthy?

That unloveable?

Pain engulfed his body entirely.

He crumbled to his knees, falling in a heap in front of her as the light touched his face, gracing his beautiful features.

"Akshara" he whispered, his voice laced with pain and ache... "D-do I disgust you that much?" he said slowly as tears filled his eyes and one tear dropped slowly.

Akshara gasped as if her reverie was broken.

She had been frozen in shock.

Disgust her?

What did he mean disgust her?

Was he crazy?

"Abhi..." she whispered, crouching down to her own knees in front of him, her hands shaking as she processed his confession.

She witnessed the pain on his face and for the first time noticed the sense of vulnerability. She cupped his face in her hands with her trembling fingers as she looked into his eyes. And gasped at what she saw.

The remnants of a scared unloved child.

Her heart broke.

As tears streamed down his face.

To hell be it!

Nothing would ever happen to him.

She leaned in and pressed soft kisses where his tears were falling as he shook beneath her. Instantly he closed his eyes at her touch, taking every bit in.

Pausing, she stopped and pulled away.

He looked at her with longing and desperation, waiting for her to answer his question.

Shying, she looked down at her mehndi and held him in front of him, hoping it would reveal to him the state of her heart.

Confused at first, he furrowed his eyebrows and focused on her hands.

And when he spotted his name, his entire world stopped.

"Jaan..." he whispered slowly realising what she felt, tearing up all over again. And Akshara teared up at his endearment and the softness of his voice, giving him a soft smile.

"I love you Abhi"

He placed two fingers under her chin so her eyes were meeting his.

His light.

"Pyaar karti ho na tum mujhse...?" he whispered softly, with so much love in his voice that Akshara couldn't help herself.

She nodded like a mad woman, tears streaming down her face.

"Bahut jyada..." she whispered.

And Abhimanyu felt rays of light envelope his whole entire world, and the darkness disappear.

"Jhoot kyu bola phir?" he accused softly, cupping her face.

And she looked at him with so much purity in her eyes, "I'm sorry Abhi" she whispered.

And he couldn't help himself anymore.

Because the next second Akshara was enveloped in his arms completely, sitting in his lap. And he had pressed his lips to hers, enveloping an instant moan from her. Like she had been waiting for this moment.

And between the kisses, they slowly whispered.

"I love you..."

I remember crying when I first wrote this chapter so I really do mean it when I say that they are straight from the heart.

Hope you all enjoy and please leave your votes and comments (I am eagerly awaiting to read your comments!!! and will reply also).

N x