Chapter 12 - Confrontation

Abhimanyu had taken the first plane out to Paris, his mind firm. He was not changing his decision. And he didn't care what the world thought.

For the first time in his life, he was listening to his heart.

And if there was one thing his heart knew for sure, was that he could not live without Akshara.

Stepping into the Reddy Paris office, he instantly noted that everyone bowed their heads to him respectfully. Abhimanyu Birla was a renowned name no matter where he went and especially in the Reddy office, he was well regarded.

Abhimanyu conversed in fluent french with the store manager and then was led to the back office.

It was time.

***

Radhika sat there in a prim Chanel matching tweed set with shining Jimmy Choo shoes. She was stunning, there was no denying that.

But no one could match or even come close to his Akshara.

No one.

They sipped tea sitting on opposite sides of the table.

The distance exists between them as always.

Abhimanyu sighed, he had to do this.

"Radhika... I am sure you are wondering why I am here" he began, adjusting his tie.

Radhika rolled her eyes as she placed her tea on the table, "you think I need to wonder Abhimanyu?"

Abhimanyu looked at her confused.

"How long was it going to take for you to break this proposal?.. We should have placed a bet on how long it would take.." she asked him casually.

He gasped.

So she was not surprised?

"No... I am not surprised" she shrugged, reading his expressions. "You are in love... in fact I think I have known you were in love longer than you knew you were in love"

Abhimanyu looked at her completely expressionless. What did he say now?

Radhika sighed.. seems like she would have to do all the talking.

"Akshara is bright, intelligent, organised but above all a very beautiful human being Abhimanyu... girls like her are very difficult to come by... and you two are madly in love with each other" she announced looking at him.

Abhimanyu let out a gentle smirk, once he realised Radhika was not wounded. He set back and crossed one leg over the other. "That obvious?" he asked.

Radhika snorted, "lovesick fools" and Abhimanyu let out a genuine laugh.

Radhika then cleared her throat and sat up, "I should be thanking you... I think we both knew this marriage would never work... it is much harder for me to say no, unfortunately. So I am glad we can move past this. All the best Abhimanyu"

She stood up and offered him her hand to shake.

Truce.

But Abhimanyu stood up and surprised her. Pulling her in for a deep hug, he gave her a genuine embrace. This was probably the most authentic they had ever been with each other.

And all of a sudden Radhika felt slightly emotional, feeling this chapter of her life slowly end.

Hugging her, Abhimanyu whispered, "you are going to find an incredible person..."

Radhika snorted, "I know"

And then she leaned into the hug letting her head rest on his shoulder for a moment, "If you hurt her, I will personally come to find you and injure you with the heel of my shoe" she threatened him, "and if you do not reserve me a dance at the sangeet.."

Abhimanyu laughed as he let her go.

And then a second later they bid their adieus.

Smiling he walked out, feeling relaxed.

Next destination, his heart.

Women are pitted against each other far too many times, I didn't want Radhika and Akshara to have that relationship. So I hope you guys grew fond of Ms Radhika too <3 

N x