CHAPTER 22 - FROZEN -

ROSELYN.

In the morning, I woke up by sun rays and birds chirping. I turned my face away from the window and immediately had my eyes on Erling.
His eyes were still closed while his chest rose and fell regularly. He looked peaceful and calm.
Also, he looked kind of good, I had to admit that to myself.
One of his hands was placed on his stomach while the other one was underneath his head.
Carefully, I got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom after getting fresh clothes from the closet.

In the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and noticed my now visual bruise again. Quickly, I covered it up with Make-up again and then took care of my curls.

I adjusted my little cardigan and then opened my curls up

I adjusted my little cardigan and then opened my curls up. I went back into my room and instantly looked to the bed, where Erling was still sleeping.
If we didn't want to be late, I should wake him.
I wandered to his side of the bed and went into a crouch. "Erling." I gently said.
"Wake up."

As he still didn't move, I hesitantly placed my hand on his underarm, which was placed on his stomach.
"Wake up, Erling." I said in a soft voice while gently moving my hand on his arm slightly back and forth.
Eventually, his eyes opened and he started to blink, because of the sudden change of lightness.
Once his eyes adjusted to the lights, he glanced at my eyes.
He seemed to be confused by my presence, but it also didn't seem to bother him at all.
"Rose?" His voice sounded rough and sleepy.
He looked around before sitting up on the bed and running his hand through his messy hair.
"Hey." I said softly. "We fell asleep last night."

"Shit." He mumbled sleepy. His eyes met mine again. "Sorry."
I looked into his face.

"No problem." I smiled with effort. "I didn't mind."

I really didn't. I was just glad, he was here and Brody wasn't. Erling gently looked at me before removing the blanket from his body and placing both feet on the floor.
"You can freshen up in the bathroom." I gestured to the door on the right.
"Thanks, Rose." He smiled before getting up completely and walking into the bathroom.
I went to my desk and put my books inside my bag before taking one last look in the mirror.
My cheek was alright, my outfit was okay and my wrist didn't bruise.
In conclusion, better than normally.

About five minutes later the door from the bathroom opened again and Erling walked out of it.
His hair was sleeked back in a tight, low bun, now.
He probably fixed his hair with water.

He wore the same clothes as yesterday. Obviously, he didn't have anything else here.
"You ready to go?" He asked while taking his backpack from the floor.
I nodded, quietly and took my bag as well.
We walked downstairs.
I took Erling's presence to my advantage and went into the kitchen followed by him.
Normally, I would quickly walk out of the house because I didn't want to run into Brody, but now that Erling was here, I didn't think I'd have to.
I grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and handed one to Erling.
"Thanks." He smiled at me softly.
I smiled back, silently and walked back out of the kitchen.
My path was suddenly blocked by a, compared to me, tall figure. I looked him up and stopped at his scary face.
I swallowed, hard.
"Good morning." He put on the false smile, he has put on yesterday, too.
"How was your night?" He looked at me first before looking behind me to Erling.
"I'm Sorry, Mr. Rosario." Erling said. "I fell asleep. It's my fault."
Erling apologized while getting closer to me. He stopped, when he stood right next to me on my right.
Unobtrusive, I looked at him from the side while his eyes were on Brody's.