Chapter 29 To a New World

Start from the beginning

Murrue: Right.

Athrun: How's Orb?

Miriallia: They've already taken up defensive positions. Because it's a forgone conclusion that they'll reject the plan.

Athrun: I see.

Murrue: If they're gonna force it upon them, Orb has no choice but to fight back.

Kira: We have no choice but to fight, huh?

Athrun looked over towards Kira.

Athrun: Kira?

Kira: Oh, well, I was just thinking. That's probably what they're thinking as well. That we have no choice but to fight. So in the end, we're fighting again. I hate this plan, but I really want to put an end to war.

Athrun: Yeah...

Nhazul: ...

Lacus: But... Right now, we have no choice but to fight.

Kira: Lacus.

Lacus: We all have dreams. We all have hopes for eve future. That is the basic life force that every living creature possesses. Whatever we might gain, if we are denied our dreams and future... we'll be ruined , capable of nothing more then mere existence. All lives are meant to fight for a desired future. It's right to defend it.

Kira: Yeah.

Lacus: That's why we must fight. As living beings, we must fight that which seeks to destroy us. The "World of Death" the Chairman talks about.

(Timeskip)

Sometime later , Durandal learns that an Alliance fleet of the Arzachel base is about to rebel, so he blasts the base with Requiem, which he secretly had repaired. The crew of the Archangel and the others shudder in horror at his ruthless action, and launch to rendezvous with the Eternal in order to stop Durandal's madness. In the meantime, Durandal sends orders for Shinn and Rey to come to Messiah and join him. As the Archangel rendezvous with the Eternal and sortie to destroy the primary relay station, colony station one, which is the cornerstone of Requiem. As Nhazul was getting ready to board the Vengeances, Lunamaria stopped and embraced him, as he did the same.

Lunamaria: Be careful, okay?

Nhazul: I will. When you deploy, you be careful too.

Lunamaria then looked down saddened.

Lunamaria: We're going to have to fight Shinn and Rey again, right?