Chapter 26 Fractured Mind

No one's POV

Currently within the brig, Nhazul and Lunamaria were sitting on the bed together, the backs against the wall. The two were holding each other's hands, while Lunamaria laid her head on his shoulder. As the two sat in silence, Lunamaria spoke up.

Lunamaria: Do you think we're making the right decision? Betraying Shinn, Rey, the Minerva, everyone...

Nhazul just sighed, resting his head on hers.

Nhazul: I'm not sure at this point anymore. But I do know, any decision is better then staying at the Minerva or ZAFT...

Nhazul just looked down at Lunamaria.

Nhazul: Do you regret helping me?

Lunamaria quickly shook her head.

Lunamaria: Of course not. It's just a lot to take in. A lot to process.

Lunamaria then squeezed Nhazul's hand and smiled at him.

Lunamaria: At least I'm not alone. I have you and Meyrin with me...

Nhazul looked at Lunamaria and smiled.

Nhazul: I see...

As the two continued to sit together, a tv outside the cell was playing, and it was Cagalli making her official statement on today's attack.

Cagalli: I'm Cagalli Yula Athha, Chief Representative of the Orb Union

Cagalli: I'm Cagalli Yula Athha, Chief Representative of the Orb Union. Today, I'm using worldwide media to deliver a message to PLANT Supreme Council Gilbert Durandal regarding his demands to hand over Lord Djibril and his decision to invade our nation. The message sent be Chairman Durandal the other day regarding Logos along with the various pieces of information that supported it had an impact on all of us. The Chairman's promise to destroy Logos and make this a world free of war was certainly attractive, both as a politician, considering the world's current state of confusion, and as an individual. However... What this...

Suddenly, the transmission was interrupted and switched over to a screen with Lacus on it.