21 | Advice

"Okay so there was a good reason I called you both here. I need professional advice," Komaeda said from the other room. Hinata and Kamukura were sitting on his bed, waiting for him to come out.

"Please be completely honest, I won't be mad no matter what you say." He opened the door and walked into the room wearing shorts and a T-Shirt. "So, uhm... is this outfit... like... bad?"

"It's alright, I've seen better," Hinata said.

"No, I mean is it... well, Tachihara-kun said this outfit reminds him of the ones i wore in those photoshoots a while ago, so... is it? I really don't feel like it is, but I don't wanna wear it if it's showing... too much,"

"Tachihara needs to learn that his opinions are never well thought out," Kamukura stated. "Your outfit is showing skin, yes, but it is not supposed to be... ahem, arousing. The colors look nice on you, by the way,"

Komaeda smiled and hugged him tightly. "Thanks!"

Hinata sighed. He wanted to be a good boyfriend like Kamukura, but he didn't know how. It's not like he was hesitant. In fact, Hinata always got told he was very blunt. He just couldn't find the right words and he didn't like expressing affection in the way Kamukura and Komaeda did it. He thought he would be a great boyfriend for Komaeda, but it was obvious Kamukura was better.

"Hinata-kun, are you okay?" Komaeda asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Was that all you needed us for? I have a bunch of, uh, homework to do,"

"Ah, you can leave if you want to! I wouldn't wanna force you to stay here,"

He got up. "Mhm. See you tomorrow then."

"Yep! Bye bye!" Komaeda smiled.

Kamukura could tell Hinata was upset about something, so he decided to talk to him about it. After school the next day, he invited Hinata over to his place.

"So, why'd you wanna meet up?" The brunet asked.

"What was up with you yesterday? You were clearly unhappy,"

"Ugh, it's nothing..."

"It is something if it is making you feel bad,"

"Look, I just... wanna be a better boyfriend. But I don't know how,"

Kamukura tilted his head. "You are a good boyfriend though..? Komaeda really likes you,"

"But you're so much better. I didn't even answer his question yesterday. And it's weird because... you never look like you feel anything, but you manage to express your feelings for him so well,"

"Honesty is the key. You have to be honest about how much you like him. Komaeda is very important to you, right?"

"Of course,"

"Then tell him that. And if you don't like communicating verbally, then give him a gift or kiss him or hold his hand. Komaeda likes any form of affection. If you cuddle with him once, he'll be happy for weeks. At least that's what it seems like to me. He is understanding and kind. If you tell him you feel insecure about your... boyfriend-skills, he'll tell you he isn't mad, because he isn't. You don't have to be scared of doing something wrong. We're all in the same boat,"

"You really think it's that easy?"

"Mhm." Kamukura smiled slightly.

"Well then... thanks. I'll try that out,"

Kamukura nodded. "Hinata?"

"Yeah?"

"I... don't want us to see each other as rivals. Komaeda loves us both and if we hate each other, it won't make anyone feel good. I know we haven't done anything like that yet, but I just want to make sure it doesn't happen. So let's promise it, okay?"

Hinata smiled. "Sure, it's a good idea. I don't wanna argue with you either,