𝟺𝟸|liabilities

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Void had led the girl out of her cell, taking her to the exit. Samara hesitated, looking back down the hall. Her gaze lingered, focusing on Doctor Fenris's office. She wanted nothing more than to go in there and hold him until his body was cold and lifeless.

"Time and place," Void said, drawing her attention. "You can go back if you want. But if you do, I leave you here. And I doubt you'll get another chance to leave." 

"You'd leave me here after all you did to convince me to come with you?" the girl countered, growing frustrated with him.

Void smirked, "There's a difference between needing you and wanting you around, Samara. If it comes down to it and you choose what you want over what I'm here for, I'll throw you to the wolves myself."

Samara clenched her jaw, "It's not my wants. That man made my life hell - it's one thing I need."

"And doing that will set off all of the alarms in this place and you'll be sedated not long after," he informed her with a firm look on his face. "You need to decide right now, but if you go back to kill him, I won't follow or wait for you. Don't mistake me for someone who will sacrifice themself for you."

Without saying anything else, Void continued out the exit on his own. Samara stood there trying to decide what to do. She wanted so badly to kill the man who had made half of her life miserable. However, no matter how much she wanted this, Void was right. She needed to prioritise.

First, she would help Void. Once he had everything he wanted, then she would find a way to get to Fenris that didn't land her back in Eichen behind that slab of bullet-proof glass.

Swearing under her breath, Samara moved to follow after Void. He smirked when he heard her coming. He knew that she would choose to come with him in the end, she just needed that small bit of convincing. She was like him underneath it all though; an agent of chaos. For what was the purpose of a Wraith but to bring death?

"Good choice," he praised as they let the door close behind them and walked out through the parking lot. 

Samara rolled her eyes, "Don't patronise me. I'm doing this for me. Not you."

"I don't really care," he said flatly. "Let's go. We've got work to do."

"Where to first?"

Void sighed, "First, we need to go to your house."

This almost made her stumble, confused by his answer.
"What? Why?"

"Because they're going to be informed that you're gone and we don't want that. Not yet."