To close for comfort

Tatum had pushed Mr Pearce so hard that he had gone flying back to stumble and fall flat on the floor, then he ran.

Tatum ran from the house in tears, he didn't really pay attention to where he was going he was too distraught.

All I wanted was to help him! *sniff* *sniff*

Tatum ran past the fountain in the courtyard, and then passed the side of the estate house. Then he ran into the back garden.

There was an old kid's playground castle and a statue next to a little fish pond, Mr Pearce likely played here as a kid.

*sniff* It's very quiet here; I'm just going to sit here for a bit till I stop shaking then I'll go back and apologise.

As Tatum sat by the little pond watching the flowers and fish, he started calming down...And then started thinking.

Does he think Mr Down hired me to seduce him?

I would never agree to something like that...Never!

I was only doing my job...*sniff*

And Mr Pearce isn't gay anyway!

The tears started drying on his cheeks, Tatum lay down on the soft grass playing with a twig in the water.

What am I going to do now? Is he going to fire me, he just said I could stay a few hours ago.

Tatum started calming down little by little with the help of the birds chirping in the trees and the soft garden sounds.

As he relaxed the stress of the last few hours drove him to sleep in the cool shade of the tree hanging over the pond.

A few hours passed with Tatum sleeping peacefully in the back garden

As it got darker, Mr Pearce got more agitated; eventually, it turned to worry and then all-out panic.

Where the fuck did that woman run off to?

It's getting dark out and we are not in the city.

He was pacing the kitchen floor.

Dammit, we are in the countryside, and there are wild animals roaming around in the dark, what is she thinking.

He had showered and dressed after the bedroom fiasco, and then he had come downstairs to apologise.

But Tatum was not in the house, but her car was in the driveway.

"I'm so going to hell." He thought to himself.

What was I thinking tearing into her like that; she was making my bed for fuck sake not lying in it.

"And then you had to go and pounce on her like some damn animal, accusing her of being a hired slut."

"I saw the pain in her eyes when I said that, I saw the truth, that she is just a housekeeper" FUCK!!!

B-but I swear she reacted to my pheromones, I am sure she is an omega, but why can't I scent her? He had now started talking to himself out loud because he was worried.

Bloody hell, where is she, I'm getting really worried.

To hell with it, I can't leave her outside somewhere.

For the first time in 9 years, Andrew Pearce opened his front door and stepped outside willingly.

He hadn't set foot outside this house since he was released from the hospital after his kidnapping, he was too afraid.

Jonathan had been handling the company and had sent grocery deliveries monthly as well as maintenance crews.

Andrew took a deep breath, clenched his fists and stepped outside.