Blackbird

Y/N's POV:

I've tossed and turned all night long. Is this it for us? Are we over now? I don't know how to do anything without her. My eyes are searching for a tear, but I must have run out.

*knock knock*

"Y/N it's 7:00." Emily calls from behind the door.

I can't muster up the energy to answer her just yet.

"If you want to call in sick, I could call Hotch for you. I just need to know." I can hear the empathy in her voice and it's making me realize how pathetic I am right now.

I reluctantly get out of the bed and walk to the door. I open it to find Emily still in sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"No it's okay, I'll get ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure, I'll be ready in 30." I give her a pathetic fake smile before shutting the door back.

It's going to be a very long day.

..............

When Emily and I arrive at the office, I search the room for the familiar blonde.

She's not here yet. That's good because I don't know how I could handle seeing her. I'm hoping that if I surround myself with other members of the team, she won't bring it up. We like to be private about things. So, I sit at my desk and do some paperwork to distract myself.

It's now 9:30 and JJ still hasn't showed up. She must be avoiding me. It's probably a blessing in disguise, I would definitely break down in tears again if I saw her.

"Has anyone seen JJ?" Reid announces from his desk.

"No I haven't actually. Y/N is she sick or something?" Derek asks turning to me.

I don't want to tell them about our fight so to avoid the situation I get up and walk out. I can feel confused eyes on me as I make my way out of the bullpen.

Emily's POV:

I knew someone would eventually ask where JJ was. Of course I had noticed her absence but I assumed she was also too upset to get out of bed today.

"What's wrong with her?" Derek asks after Y/N ran out of the room.

"It's nothing, I'll go call JJ." I answer trying to redirect them.

I walk out of listening range just in case JJ wants to talk about her and Y/N. I dial up her number and place it to my ear.

Voicemail.

I dial again.

Voicemail.

One more time.

Voicemail.

I know JJ is upset but it's not like her to ignore my calls, especially if it's multiple in a row. Something is wrong.

I walk back to the rest of the team, trying to keep a straight face. I don't want them to panic until I am sure.

"So I just remembered I forgot to feed Sergio. I have to run back to my apartment really quick. Could someone check on Y/N and tell her where I went?"

"Uh... yeah I can but what about JJ?" Reid questions but I ignore him and walk to the elevators instead.

After exiting the elevators I run to my car as fast as possible.

.........

I finally arrive at JJ and Y/N's apartment. I quickly rush to their door and knock.