The Small Things You Do

Y/N's POV:

It's been a few weeks since the bombing and I'm finally starting to feel better. The break in my leg wasn't major. It's closer to my ankle than leg anyhow.

I was cleared for work at the office a week ago but I am so bored. I'm ready to get back to field work. I'm in a boot now and I should be able to take it off soon.

Hotch gave me the day off. I thought that would be great but turns out home is more boring than desk work. All I've done today is sit on the couch and watch movies with Cali.

I sigh and stare at the ceiling for a few seconds. That's when it hits me. I know exactly what can cure my boredom. I reach for my phone on the side table to text JJ.

Y/N: hey, could you come over when you get off?

JJ <3: yeah of course, are you okay?

Y/N: I'm fine, just extremely bored and I miss you.

JJ <3: be there soon!

Finally, I have something to look forward to.

I get off my couch for probably the third time today so I can clean up a little. I know that she doesn't care what my apartment looks like, but she's only been here a few times. We're usually at hers.

As I'm tidying up my room, I notice what a slob I look like at the moment. I have to change and fast, she should be here any minute. I quickly brush my hair and throw it up into a bun.

Then I make my way to my closet, as quickly as someone in a boot can. I throw on some leggings and get ready to change shirts. Just then the door bell rings. I momentarily forget that I'm half naked and go to open the door.

JJ looks me up and down and then bites her bottom lip. That's when I remember that I don't have a shirt on.

"Oh, I was changing and didn't want to keep you standing out here."

JJ walks in and I shut the door behind her.

"I'm going to go put a shirt on."

I turn and start to walk to my room. JJ grabs my hand to stop me.

"Who said I wanted you to put a shirt on?" She says before placing a kiss on my lips.

She pulls away and says,"you act like I haven't seen you in less clothes. Many, many times before."

"Well, if that's what you want, I suppose I could keep it off. But, I need a blanket because I'll freeze to death."

JJ walks into my room and grabs the throw off the bottom of my bed.

She hands me the throw, while raising her eyebrows as if to ask me to stay slightly naked.

"You're lucky that you're so beautiful. How could I ever say no to you."

Her smile grows. "Can we cuddle now, I've missed you so much. Work is so boring without you."

"Yes we can most definitely cuddle." We walk over to the couch and sit down. I go to take my boot off, so my leg can have a break.

Instead, JJ gets down in the floor and takes it off for me. She gently holds my leg looking at the fading bruises.

"Does it still hurt?" She asks while keeping her eyes on my leg.

"Not really." I shrug.

She takes a pillow off the couch and drags the table closer to us. I prop my leg up on the pillow and open my arms signaling for JJ to get in them.

JJ snuggles into my side as I drape the blanket over both of us. She places her hand on my stomach tracing over more fading bruises from the bombing. I can feel her body sink into me. I look down at her, she seems a little upset.

"Jay, what's wrong?"

"The bruises, they just remind me of that day. I shouldn't have let you go in there."

I tilt her chin up so she's looking at me. "That was not your fault, okay. Let's be honest, I would've went no matter what."

"Yeah, you're so stubborn."

"Hey." I say acting hurt. JJ laughs lightly, her mood slowly improving.

We lay there for about 10 minutes in silence, just listening to each other breathe. I could sit with her all day and be happy.

After a while, I lean down to kiss her forehead before reaching for the tv remote.

"What do you want to watch?"

JJ puts her hand on top of mine on the remote.

"I just remembered, you owe me something." She says as she takes the remote out of my hands. Then she sits up and turns sideways to face me.

"Oh and what might that be?" I genuinely ask because I have no idea what she's referring to.

"Do you remember the case where we first hooked up?"

That awful case yes. Although as bad as it was I wouldn't change it, because it's what brought me and JJ together. "Mhmm."

"I caught you singing to that little girl and you said that one day you would sing for me." She smiles and I can tell she is serious.

"JJ I don't know, it's really nothing special."

"Please." She begs with a sad look in her eyes. Oh she's good, she knows exactly what she's doing right now.

"This is so unfair."

"What is?"

"That look you're giving me, you know I would do anything for you."

"Exactly. Now sing me something."

"Fine, if it's what you really want."

JJ sits with her legs crossed and elbows resting on each leg. She's watching me intimately waiting for me to start singing. I rack my brain for something to sing and settle on the song I have been listening to recently. It's perfect because it reminds me of her.

"Cause all of the small
Things that you do
Are what remind me
Why I fell for you
And when we're apart
And I'm missing you
I close my eyes and all I see is you
And the small things you do."

When I'm finished singing I look back at JJ. As much as I wish I could've seen her reaction while I was singing, I had to look away. I'm way too insecure of my voice. But the look on her face made me much more confident. She was looking at me with the most loving eyes and brightest smile.

"Wow." JJ says.

I blush and fiddle with my hands. I'm still crumbling with embarrassment and JJ notices.

"Baby you don't have to be insecure about anything with me, especially that beautiful voice. I could listen to you sing all day." She says while holding both of my hands.

"That song reminds me of you, that's why I chose it." I admit after feeling a little better about myself.

If her smile could get any prettier I might die. Her eyes water slightly then she says, "you can't say things like that, you'll make me cry."

I wipe the small tear off her cheek with my thumb and smile back at her.

"I love you so much Y/N"

"I love you too Jay."

JJ cuddles back into my side and hands the remote back to me.

"Now we can watch something."

...........

A/N: This chapter was mostly fluff. Sorry it's kind of short. Longer chapters coming up next.

(Song credit: Those Eyes, by New West)