ann rizuna x reader

"Academic rivals? Are you serious?" Chishiya scoffed, looking at you from his book with a judgemental stare.

"Look, you don't know how frustrating it is to be put in second place after that girl got here." You glared at him, arms crossed infront of your chest.

"Of course, I wouldn't. I never got into second place." He smirked at your reaction. You grimaced at his words, rolling your eyes as he continued reading his book.

Pacing back and forth, you bit on your nail, brows furrowed as you recalled the times Rizuna stole the first rank from you. Chishiya rolled his eyes at this, closing his book before releasing a deep sigh.

"Stop. You're literally being dramatic."

"Dramatic?" You scoffed. "My parents expect me to graduate as the top student, Chishiya. It was going perfectly well, until that... that Rizuna came along. Why did she even enrolled on the last semester?!"

Chishiya could only sigh in response. The man knows how much academics matter to you, and being the top student in the female category was always something you attained with hard-work. Seeing how agitated you look with just being second place, Chishiya doesn't really know how to ease you at this point. He was never good at comforting people anyway, even if the people in question is his best friend.

"I can't disappoint my parents, Shun." You sat beside the man, burying your face into your arms. "I don't think I can handle it."

Chishiya's hand raised mid-air, he was hesitating, but he slowly lowered it to soothe your back, swallowing thickly.

"You'll be alright." He muttered. "You're smart, just do your best. Give your all until the end of the academic year, and if your nightmare happens— your parents being disappointed at you— just know that I'm not."

You raised your head, looking at him with soft eyes. A small smile found its way to your lips.

"Thanks, Shun."

"I'm... proud of you." He gave you one of his rarest smiles, gently ruffling your hair.

Giggling, you were unaware of the woman that stood behind the shelves of the library, her lips forming a frown as she glared at the man who kept on fixing your hair.

Ann stood quietly as she watched you smile and laugh with him. She didn't like it. She wasn't supposed to like any of these. It's been only a month after she got into the school, and within that month, she proved everyone how smart and intimidating she was. No one dared to talk to her, no one except you.

"I don't like you." You scoffed. "Why did you even go here?"

"Threatened?" Ann smirked. "Or are you that in-denial to admit you like me?"

"None of which that was mentioned."

"You're a brat."

"What?!"

"A cute brat."

So, why was she liking your so-called 'tsundere' attitude? The bickers you two would have inside the classroom, the side of hers that she only allows you to see, the admiration she has of how intelligent you are in general; she likes it.

Ann knew she goes both ways, but never really expected herself to adore someone so bad.

Her thoughts got interrupted when she heard the chairs scraping the wooden floor of the library. You and Chishiya headed towards the door, leaving.

"I don't like competition." Ann whispered to no one before sighing, leaving a few minutes after both you and Chishiya did.

As you walked with the man, you blabbered about one of your classmates who rarely goes to school at this point, and honestly, you know Chishiya doesn't really care. The blond would just hum and nod in response.

"I won't be able to walk with you later. I still have some papers to finish." Chishiya sighed.

"No way, you got some pendings?" You gaped in a mocking way.

"Dumbass, papers for the upcoming events this end of semester." He softly slapped the back of your head. "I have to proofread some of them before they send those papers out to the administrators."

You nodded in understanding, flashing him a soft smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah, sure. Be careful on your way home." He smiled back, giving your shoulder a light tap before walking away.

You stood there still until Chishiya's form was nowhere to be seen. When the blond disappeared from sight, you turned on your heels before walking away. It was a peaceful walk with just your thoughts accompanying you, not until your eyes caught a certain female.

Her tall and slim figure, short hair, and fair skin; you're not gonna deny the fact that she's very attractive. Upon her short stay, she'd already captive tons of attention from boys from different sections, however, you took notice of how she doesn't seem to care.

"What?" You questioned when her eyes shamelessly fought your curious gaze.

"Homework."

Curiosity seeped through your veins even more.

"What?"

"I need help with homework." She responded, more clear this time.

"You're joking," You chuckled, raising a brow. "Right?"

Rizuna raised her hand that clutched a black notebook. "Not really."

Annoyance grew within you. Balling your fists, you took a step forward towards the tall girl who wasn't even fazed at all by your evident irritation. Instead, she looked down on you, tilting her head with a calm look.

"Are you making fun of me?" You narrowed your eyes. "You're smart, why need my help? Unless you—"

"Can you, for once, stop being mad at me?" She clicked her tongue, eyes rolling to the side before fixating them on you again. "I really need your help. Chemistry is not my thing."

"Why me?"

"Because you're the one I want."

You froze in your place, suddenly forgetting to talk. Your breath got caught in your throat, heat creeping up on your cheeks.

"If you don't want to, it's fine." Ann ran a hand through her hair, and even though she wasn't looking directly at you, you caught a glimpse of disappointment flashing through her eyes.

Just as she was about to leave, your hand acted on its own. You held on her wrist, preventing her from walking even further. The tall female froze in place before looking at you.

"This is definitely not for free." You grumbled, pulling Ann inside your classroom. Murmurs erupted from every corner of the room the moment the both of you stepped in. Probably because they didn't expect the two of you to converse with one another— much less be close just like how you are with Ann now.

"Whatever you say." Ann smiled, running a tongue on her lower lip.

"Now," You sat down, patting the empty seat beside you, signalling her to sit. "What's with this homework that you're suddenly needing me for?"

Ann began to tackle the difficulties she encountered regarding the homework for Chemistry and how she wanted your help to be able to understand it even more.

The short amount of time was surprisingly enough for you to get to know the girl better. She wasn't as bad as you thought she is. She's just like you... a hard-working student who wants to achieve a lot as much as possible.

You were beginning to adore the girl.

While she already admires you since the beginning.

hello, it's been a while! this was a request by sum_mus! goodness, i hope i mentioned the right user. i genuinely hope you like this one, it's totally cliché, i know, but hey, i think it's cute.

anw, if you want to request a oneshot, just click on my profile and feel free to answer the request form! have a nice day! 🤍