arisu ryōhei x reader

It's been days since you and Arisu broke up. You never expected it to end this way but it somehow did. You couldn't help but sit in silence inside your rather gloomy room. Its color draining just like the last bit of happiness remaining inside your body.

You hugged the milkshake plushie that was a gift from... Arisu. Staring down at it, your vision suddenly became blurry, later on, you felt droplets of liquid falling down your thighs.

"Damn it," You whispered, crying weakly.

Lying down, your lids became heavy and before you know it, off you go to dreamland.

You woke up all of a sudden, feeling an arm wrapping around your waist, pulling you closer towards the person. They feel so warm, a familiar scent invading your nostrils making you furrow your brows slightly.

You know this scent all too well.

"Ryōhei?"

"Hm?" He hummed, hugging you tighter.

Numerous questions infiltrated your sense of thinking. When did he arrived? How come you didn't feel him entering your room? Why didn't he call and tell you he was coming over? What's gotten into him? Where did he got the audacity to hug you when it was him who broke up with you in the first place?

You turned to look at him, his arm still in place around your waist. You continued to hug the plushie between your arms as you stared at his angelic face. He seemed peaceful as he slept. So warm that it almost made you forget the whole break-up thing.

Then his eyes slowly opened.

"What is it?" Arisu began.

"What are you doing here?" You curiously muttered, eyes fighting his soft gaze.

"Sleeping." He chuckled, closing his eyes again.

Rolling your eyes, you sat up, completely surprising him. He followed your movements and sat up straight as well, a small smile plastered on his face.

"What are you doing here, Arisu?" This time, your voice was much more stronger, gaze full of irritation for the messy haired boy.

"I wanted to see you."

"You better be joking." You scoffed. "You broke up with me, and now, you wanted to see me? Are you crazy or something?"

"I know." He sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, Y/N, trust me, all I wanted was to build my life with you. But... I'm useless. I'm not good enough, I don't deserve you. No matter how hard I try to convince myself, I always end up agreeing that you're better off with a man who's capable of giving you whatever you want."

"What are you even saying?" In complete disbelief, you breathed heavily. "How... Why are you..." You couldn't form the right words to say, your mind got caught in a whirlwind.

All this time, he's been thinking like this?

"I wanted to see you so I can say this properly... I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I met with you again this way. I'm sorry for breaking your heart, Y/N. I never wanted to do that, I'm so sorry." Arisu kept on muttering, despite the anger you felt, tears still formed in your eyes.

Threatening to fall at any moment, your arms automatically hugged the broken boy infront of you. A tight, warm hug was enough to bring the both of you in tears.

You didn't know why but something just felt off. The more you hug him, the more the weird feeling grows.

"I love you. So much." He whispered softly, sniffing your scent. "But you have to wake up now."

Your eyes shot open as you woke up from your deep slumber. Panting heavily, your eyes scanned the dark room. It was already evening, and the bed was filled with nothing but you and your pillows.

It was just a dream?

Your breath hitched when you cupped your own cheeks, traces of tears remained, indicating you have been crying in your sleep. You were confused, the dream felt so real.

"Why?" Was all you could ask yourself.

Your phone then vibrated.

The screen illuminated and the light itself coming from your device gave the room a sense of brightness.

It was a text. From Ryōhei's father.

"That's odd." You whispered.

The moment your finger tapped on the message sent by his father, your eyes widened in fear. Heavy breaths escaped your mouth as you hurriedly grabbed your jacket and keys. You were sweating cold as you ran for the text said:

"You need to come to the hospital. Ryōhei's dead. He hung himself inside his room."

three angst in a row, how's your heart so far? sksksksks might continue updating tomorrow, still have classes in the morning til afternoon ;(