chishiya shuntaro x reader

Running along with the crowd, you silently prayed he wouldn't catch you like he did with the rest. You didn't have anything to defend yourself with, and you're pretty sure that the moves Kuina taught you back then won't be really useful as of the moment. No weapon, no exact plan, but you sure as hell can run.

You were frantic as your eyes carefully scanned for familiar faces. You got separated from them, and now, you don't know where they are. With a pounding heart and ragged breathing, you hid behind a car, clutching your chest tightly. You heard someone running not so far away from where you were currently hiding, his figure came in sight, hand placed on the hood of the car before getting shot numerous times. Due to the impact, blood scattered, especially when some of the bullets hit his face.

Blood stains covered your arm and shirt making you close your eyes in disgust upon seeing how disturbing the man's fate was. Hearing the loud noises of the gun getting closer, you took that as your cue to cautiously format a plan. You weren't exactly good with plan making since all of them are mostly done by Arisu, but right now, he isn't here to form a plan for you, is he? You have no one to depend on but yourself.

You just need to get away from the King of Spades; run as far away as possible. But how? How will you be able to do that without being spotted by the devil himself? Groaning in annoyance you carefully peeked to see what was happening, the King of Spades was close to your spot, but not that close to actually see you run, especially now that he's busy firing his gun to the large crowd. As long as he keeps on shooting those people, it would give you enough time to hide away somewhere.

Mentally preparing yourself, you waited for another gunshot, the sound being your cue to run, and when it fired, your legs gathered all their remaining strength to work. You ran and ran, not even bothering to look back. You weren't exactly sure whether your plan would work or not, but in the first plan, you didn't have a plan, just a mindset that you needed to get out of there. Alive.

It wasn't your first time seeing dead bodies scattered all around the area, however, the scenery was still disturbing as ever. You winced at the sight. If you don't find them sooner or later, or atleast create a strategic plan at all, you'd end up being like these corpses: dead and rotting.

You shivered before wrapping your arms around yourself. Your brows then furrowed when you saw something tucked inside a man's waist. Setting aside your disgust towards the dead body, you hurriedly crouched down to see if you guessed it right.

"Bingo," You exhaled, almost similar to a victorious laugh.

Holding the weapon with such gratitude, you carefully checked whether bullets are still intact, and to your surprise, none of the bullets were used at all.

"He must've forgotten he has a gun." You shook your head, standing up to continue running.

It's a fight or flight situation. You run away, no confirmation of your friends being alive will be guaranteed. You fight, however, there's a possibility you might die. Your mind was in a long debate as you gripped on the gun.

"This is no place for cowards. Even if it means dying, you have to atleast try. You have to fight."

Frustrated, you heavily breathed out. "Damn it, Usagi."

You were now decided. What Usagi told you a long time ago was the truth. This is no place for cowards. Fear can kill you. And you're not going to let that happen.

Upon seeing a few survivors, you suddenly caught sight of a blond haired man standing like there's no shooting happening at all. He was observing at the worst time possible and it made you look at him in disbelief.

"What the fuck is wrong with this guy?" You shook your head, hiding behind a car even though you find it useless. Well, it's better rather than to stand there while the King of Spades is shooting nonstop, right?

Swiftly peeking to see where Chishiya was, your brows furrowed when you saw a car stopping in front of him. Hearing Kuina's voice, you sighed in relief, completely relieved they're all alive.

The King threw something though.

"No way..." You gasped, closing your eyes and bringing up your hands closer to your ears to cover them from the explosion.

When the sound of tires dashing away penetrates your hearing, along with the sound of numerous gunshots, you took this as an opportunity to look once again.

"Chishiya!" You cried to yourself, getting up on your feet to help the man.

"Oh, where were you?" He was genuinely confused. "I only averted my gaze for a moment and you already vanished. Almost thought you died."

"I learned from the best, he can't kill me that easily." You chuckled, but soon realized it wasn't the right time to joke around. Helping the man stand up on his feet, the both of you ran the opposite direction, hoping you could escape the King's wrath just like how Arisu and the rest did.

You ran and ran until you heard Chishiya stopping you.

"What's the matter?" You worriedly asked, seeing him sit down as he panted. "Just so you know, we're in the midst of flying bullets, so sitting isn't really the best option here."

"You're gonna be the death of me." He glared up at you, still catching his breath. "We've been running for hours, I'm sure we'd be safe here."

"Chishiya."

"What?"

"We've only been running for five minutes."

Groaning loudly, Chishiya muttered curses underneath his breath before standing up once again. It was really rare of him to express himself, especially when there are people around him. To him, emotions are weaknesses. Expressing yourself is useless.

"Good?" You laughed lightly, crossing your arms infront of your chest.

"Yeah," He cleared his throat, face contorting to his usual idgaf face.

"I don't really wanna have a dying blond with me just because we're running, so I guess we should just walk. Besides, if you think it's safe, I trust you." You grinned, beginning to walk away.

"Trust, huh? What if I betray you right here?"

You stopped, the smile never leaving your face as you tilted your head to look at him.

"Bold of you to say that when I'm the one who has a gun here." You held up your hand, gun clutched between your fingers. "Your loss too, if ever."

"Oh? Why is that?" He smirked, hands placed inside his pockets.

"You were the one who taught me how to use this thing."

Chuckling, he started walking towards you, not sparing you a glance as he brushed his shoulder with yours.

"Cunning, aren't you?" Chishiya uttered, giving you a side-eye glance.

"I learned from the best." You grinned at him as he rolled his eyes, a faint smile dancing on his lips.

"Definitely did."

so, remember the first chapter where y/n died? this is its alternative ending requested by: no1nee. i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! request form is posted on my profile if ever you want  to submit requests.

also, i have published a chishiya x reader book called 10 T.I.H.A.Y (Things I Hate About You), currently editing the chapters and updates would be done once a week.

see u in the next chapter!