chapter two

━━ CHAPTER TWO / the archive

Despite going to sleep late, Demi woke up as the sun rose across the horizon. Her sheer fabric of her under-curtains let the sun leak through across her face and she let out a soft groan as she rolled over onto her side. She pushed her arms above her head, stretching her back out before she kicked her covers back.

And then her morning started. She went to the bathroom first and brushed her teeth and then came back to her room. She switched her bedroom lamp off and then took a sip from the glass of water before she made her bed. The throw pillows that had fallen to the floor were placed back into their rightful place and she changed into her running gear.

She took her glass of water down with her and poured what was left away before she picked up an apple. Once she had eaten the apple, she threw the core in the bin before she headed out for her morning run. The sun had risen fully now which meant that she didn't have to worry about lurkers or stalkers as her feet smacked against the concrete paths.

It was relatively quiet this early in the morning but by the time she had finished her run, half an hour or so later. London was alive and she could hear the noise. All of the noise. The sun shone on her back as she pushed the front door open. She dropped her hair out of the ponytail, brushing it to one side to keep it out of her face as she headed upstairs.

Hopefully, Anthony was finished with his shower. He always showered in the morning and they had gotten into a routine. He was always first and then she jumped in. Today, he was walking out of the bathroom when she reached the top of the stairs. He had just his towel wrapped around his waist and his eyes widened slightly when they made awkward, brief eye contact.

"I thought you'd lie in," He commented. Demi shrugged it off, averting her gaze.

"I didn't close my curtains," She brushed it off. He nodded his head and then shuffled past her to his room as she headed into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and let her head fall against the door with a soft 'thunk'. Her cheeks were coloured a soft red and she could feel the heat in them as she let out a silent scream.

She was a complete idiot. It was embarrassing enough that Anthony had caught her after a run when she was sweaty with greasy hair and a red-face but she had then run into him and totally invaded his privacy. Even though it was an accident. A soft sigh escaped her lips before she switched the shower on.

Demi knew it was the realities of living with two boys. Of course they'd run into each other at less than ideal moments but it still made her feel embarrassed. Once she was finished with her shower, she washed her face and moisturised before brushing her hair through and getting dressed in the comfort of the bathroom.

She then headed downstairs to make breakfast. Well, she had expected to make breakfast but when she came into the kitchen, Lockwood was plating up two servings of breakfast. Eggs, bacon and toast cut into triangles (for Demi) and rectangles (for Lockwood).