---ten---

"Great news (y/n)!" Newt says as he goes through your things, trying to find you an outfit for the day.

Still being emotionally scarred from the night before, you just feel just genuinely pissed at everything and everyone.

"Oh my God, Newt," you say as you rub your eyes. "What is it?"

"You get your official job today, so hurry up and meet me in the center of the Glade," and with that he leaves the room.

You pull your body out of the covers and onto your feet. Then, you see what Newt picked out for you: jeans and a faded yellow tee shirt. He actually didn't do that bad of a job.

As you change out of your clothes, I remember the X that slinthead had cut into you. Unfortunately, this means that you have to hide it.

You find a small pocketknife in your box and cut off a bit of fabric from the edge of my longest socks. Then you slide the rest of it up your arm to help conceal the drying blood.

The second you get your shoes tied, you're out the door, running to meet Newt.

"Congrats Greenie!"

"What am I?" you ask, giving him the biggest smile I could manage under your circumstances.

"A cook!"

"Yay," you say sarcastically as he drags you to the kitchens.

"Oh suck it up," he says rolling his eyes. "Its not that bad,"

You roll your eyes and smile back.

"Plus, you get to see Minho every morning," he says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Stop it," you say as you blushed and give him a playful shove.

"Welcome back (y/n)!" says Frypan when he sees us walk up.

"Hey boss," you say, grabbing a spatula and apron.

"Have fun on your first official day!" Newt exclaims as he walks away.

"Sure," you mumble.

As Frypan gives you some eggs to scramble and a pan, the runners jog up.

"Hey (y/n)," Minho says as he comes up to give you a side hug. "What are you doing down here?"

"I got my job," you say proudly.

"Awesome," he says, releasing you to go work on his sandwich for lunch.

"See you later shuck face ," you say as he leaves.

"See ya shank,"

And just like that he leaves for another day in the griever-filled maze.

"You like him don't-cha," Frypan teases with a smile.

"Is it that obvious?" you say as you turn red, again.

"It is," he says.

As you switch the heat off of the freshly scrambled eggs, you feel the sudden urge to ask a stupid question.

"Do you remember anything from before the Glade?"

"Not much, but you and Minho made me remember something,"

"Oh great, so you're some sort of love guru?"

"Pfffft, no. It's called a ship,"

"Like a boat?"

"No, it's like if you want people to be together, then you combine their names and call it a ship,"

"That doesn't even make any sense,"

"You can also ship a ship,"

"Are you sure this is a real thing?"

"I think it is," he says as he butters the last piece of toast. "The only reason I remember is because I ship you and Minho,"

"So what does that mean?"

"It means your ship is (s/n) and I ship (s/n),"

(A/N- I like coming up with ship names, so comment your name if you want me to combine your names for the s/n)

"You're crazy,"

"I can accept that," he says with a wink.

You shake your head and arrange the finished foods in the serving area.

Then as the Gladers file in, you scoop eggs and apple sauce onto their plates. One by one, they thank you and leave to eat. After they'd all gone, there was only a few scraps of food leftover.

When you lift up the bowl, you find a small slip of paper. You shove the note into your pocket to look at it later. Then you lift as many bowls as you can at once, and carry them into the kitchen to be cleaned.

Because you were helping the entire time, you quickly eat the remnants out of the serving bowls in the kitchen.

As you finish, some Gladers are putting their cleared plates in the "to be washed" pile. You check your DIY bandage again and put your bowl with the rest. Reluctantly, you pick up a bottle of blue Dawn dish soap and a little purple sponge and get to work.

After you finish about half of the plates, Frypan gives you a large basket of corn.

"Shuck the corn," he says.

You laugh and moved on to your next job, which you finish sometime after lunch.

"I finished shucking the shucking corn,"

"Very funny (y/n). Now boil and plate it,"

You turn back to your work and feel a pair of arms loop around your stomach.

"Hey,"

"Welcome home slinthead," you say, keeping your back turned as a smile spreads itself across your face. You drop more corn into the boiling water while he rests his head on your shoulder, leaning in to give you a kiss on the cheek.

"Oooooooooh, (s/n)!"

"What the shuck is a (s/n)?" asks Minho as he pulls his head away from yours.

"It's a ship," you say with a laugh.

"Ummm, okay?"

"I don't really get it either,"

"Minho, if you're going to be here, get to work," says Frypan as he gestures to the dish-filled sink.

"I'm good for now," Minho says with a smile as he releases you. "See ya in a few Greenie!" he says,jogging away.

☮♢☮ TIMESKIP ☮♢☮

Frypan said you could have the rest of the night off, so after you finish eating dinner, you walk to your hut. On your way, you remember the paper. You pull it out of your pocket and unfolded it.

I kinda like you.
- Captain

Ummmmmmmm...
Who is this guy, and don't he know you like Minho?

But in a place with only guys, it was kinda obvious that there'd be drama like this.

☮♢☮♢☮
A/N-
OoooOOOooh
Another person *smirk face*
If you know who it is, do you think it should happen or not?
Also, I'm SO SORRY ABOUT NOT UPDATING! ☹ ☹ ☹
I have no excuse, but I will try to keep adding more this summer! ☻