---Four---

This is the first meal you have eaten in the Glade that isn't tasteless.

You and the Gladers are breakfast for dinner. It consisted of toast with butter and bacon.

You thought to yourself about how amazing the bacon was. Because it was perfect. You grabbed like four whole pieces just for yourself.

Not only was the food amazing, but you were having a good time laughing with Riley and Newt, your new table buddies. You had initially hoped that Minho could also sit with your group, but he just glared at the two guys from a distance.

"Someone's jealous!" you think to yourself with a smirk. But as you think more about it, another thought pops into your head. You drop the bacon.

"Oh shoot!" you think loudly to yourself. "What if he's looking at me and not them? What if he hates me? No, wait, chill. Maybe he just had a bad day at work. But what if he had a good day, and I ruined it by simply being here?"

Oh gosh. So many 'what ifs.'

You look down at your half-finished bacon with a spoiled appetite.

"You gonna eat that?" Riley asks, pointing at the last unbitten piece.

"No," you say as you pick it up and offer it to him.

He barely even touches it before another hand steals the strip of meaty goodness.

"Mine!" says Newt as he shoves half of the piece in his mouth.

"Shuck face," Riley mutters loudly.

"Hey!" shouts Newt. "I can hear you!"

You all burst into laughter simultaneously.

After you gobble up the rest of your third piece, you walk over to the wrestling ring to see who was facing Gally off in the match.

Gally taunts a tall, but thin, boy with bright red hair. Then he pushes him out of the circle and onto the ground.

The crowd goes wild to see that Gally has won, again.

Gally turns around to see all of his spectors as he pumps his fist, but seeing you amongst them, he smiles.

You smiled back, wishing it was Minho who smiled, but then look back at his opponent.

He had gotten up, and from a steady position, he pulled his fists up in front of his face.

BOOM!

The redhead bops Gally in the head, making him swivel on his feet before crashing face first into the coarse sand.

"Ouch," you say, wincing at the idea of how painful that must have been.

The rest of the Gladers hoist the victor up onto their shoulders and chant his name.

"Pe-ter! Pe-ter! Pe-ter!"

You turn to face your two friends, but they had both gone into the crowd without you.

Alone, you wander back to the homestead, hoping to get a few extra hours of sleep.

No body turned to stop you, so you run there, for the heck of it.

You feel like you're flying. As one leg takes off from the ground, the other follows it down back to earth.
You speed up, only slowing when you're within 50 yards of your hut.

You tip-toe past the other huts and into your room. Finally inside, you change into a fingertip-length green dress.

You pull your converse back on and grabbed your toothbrush and cup. Then you creep back out and go behind the homestead to an outdoor water faucet that you'd seen on your tour. You turn the knob slowly and brushed your teeth to get the bacon scent out of your breath.