---nine---

A/N- a longer chapter to make up for the short one ;)

☮♢☮♢☮♢☮♢☮

"Greenie?" you hear a familiar voice say.

You put your pillow back on top of your face and pull your covers all the way up. You want to hide in bed all day and sleep.

"What do you want Alby?" you say from inside of your miniature fluffy fourtris.(A/N- I sometimes leave little references to other fandoms and ships, see if you can spot some *eyebrow wiggle*)

"Newt told me about your conversation last night, and I want to show you something,"

You peer out of a small crack between your pillow and blankets. And there he stood, hands on hips staring right back at you.

"Fine," you say begrudgingly. "Leave so I can get dressed,"

"I'll be waiting,"

With that, he leaves you to get prepared for the day.

☮♢15 minewts of dressing later...♢☮

After you fishtail your (h/c) hair, you re-wrap your leg injury, and walk outside to where Alby is waiting.

It was barely even dawn, and the sun was just peeking up from behind the East wall.

"Why'd you wake me up so early you slinthead?" you say as you cross your arms. You're not sure if you did this because you were actually cold, or if you were just upset because of the time. In your case, probably both.

He rolls his eyes and says, "Well let me show you,"

You trudge behind him to a wall of the glade that was partially coated in thick ivy vines. He pulls back a few of them to reveal a small window that shows the inside of the maze. You run up to it and gaze inside.

"Oh my gosh! This is it?"

You smile like a kid that had just seen a real, living unicorn.

"It is, but just keep looking,"

You turn your focus entirely onto the maze. Then, in the distance, you see something move. You hear it too. It sounds partially like the gears of a clock resetting, and partially like a dying bat. The noise is also louder than a fire alarm. It blares in your ears, but instead of running, you stare into the darkness.

Then the noises stop.

You look in, waiting for your eyes could adjust to the dark lighting in the labyrinth, but before they can, the creature flights itself at the window.

Even though you know you're safe behind the piece of glass, you fall backwards in shock.

You quickly recover and grab Alby's outstretched hand.

"What on shucking Earth was that?" you ask with eyes as big as saucers.

"That, my friend, was a griever,"

☮an eternity of questions later...☮

"Okay! Greenie! Enough with the questions!"

A fed up Alby grabs hold of your wrist and practically drags you to the kitchens.

"Frypan!" he calls into the door as he pulls you inside.

"Yeah boss?"

"(y/n)'s with you today. If she needs to leave for any good reason, let her take the rest of the day off,"

"Good that Alby!"

With that Alby lefts you in Frypan and the other cooks' hands.

"Waffle duty?" Frypan asks as he grabs and tosses you the apron you'd used earlier that week.