---three---

"Eugh." you moan as you sit up the next morning.

The sun had barely risen, and you could here a rooster crowing from the animals' pens in the distance. You pull open the covers and trudge over to your little window.

The skies are painted a bleak grey. In the distance, you watch Minho and the other runners going into the maze.

You really wanted to go back to sleep. You hadn't slept well in your new surroundings last night. Mostly because if someone lives near a forest that has crickets, the chirps can keep you up all night long.

Plus, after you went to my room the night before, Newt came in and talked with you for a while.

He elaborated on what Alby told you. With him, you learned that in each area of work, there is a "keeper" that keeps everyone in line. For example Gally is keeper of the builders, Cooks: Frypan, Minho: runners, ect.

Also, staring today, you are to be assigned to different jobs to see where you fit in best. Your first job is with Gally, the keeper of the builders.
As you wonder how I would find the builders, as you know almost nothing about the Glade, Gally himself burst through the door.

You yank the top cover off of the bed to cover you legs, on which you only wore underwear.

"Greenie!" he shouted as he walked up to you. His face was less than a foot away from yours, and you could feel his warm breath on your cold face.

"You're late. Lets go!"

"I need to get dressed." you say, turning red.

"You have 5 minutes," he says looking down at the blanket. Realizing why you clutched the blanket to yourself he also turned a bit red.

"I'll be waiting outside of the door."

Then he left as suddenly as he came.
You tossed the red comforter back in its place, then scrambled to get your jeans on. You remove the white spaghetti strap shirt, replacing it with a bra and faded coral tee shirt.

As you tie on your black converse, Gally reenters the room.

"You done yet shank?"

"I have a name you know: (y/n)."

"(y/n) the shank," he says, scratching his chin.

"Nah. I'll just call you Greenie."

"Whatever," you say, rolling your eyes. "Are we going?"

"I am, with or without you." Then he slides back out of the open door with you close behind.

First, you hit the kitchen for some grub. You grab a tray and add an orange, a piece of buttered toast, another tin cup of water, and two pieces of freshly cooked bacon. Then you receded to the table you had sat at the night before.

"Hey (y/n)," says a boy with a British accent. "How did you sleep?"

"Not well," you reply after I finishing half of your toast. "I never knew that crickets could be so loud."

Newt laughs.

"You're almost as funny as Minho." he says smiling.

"Oh," you joke. "I really doubt that."

He stares at you with longing eyes.
It was starting to freak you out, because nobody else here had done that to you.

"So today I'm working with the builders." you say as you get up to put your tray in the dirty dishes pile.

"Good luck," he says sarcastically.

"Don't need it,"

"With Gally, everyone does,"