Dont Walk Away From Me

Start from the beginning

"Now why the office in particular?" Mercedes asks. "I'm not doing nothing with you in it, so don't even think about it."

"I wasn't, but picturing you on my desk ain't a bad image so I'm going to keep it if you don't mind."

"I do."

"To late." A grin from him made her eyes roll. "Come on. What you say?" That grin relaxing as his eyes gave her that look that always made her break eye contact with him but not this time. A challenge this time and he welcomed it.
"Are you going to stop being scared and come with me."

Mercedes sighs as she stares back at him. "Okay, Legend. But I'm only going because you said you will be honest when I do.

"I will."

"Good."

"Good." Legend nods.

Mercedes rolls her eyes but stops when she caught his eyes again.

"What?"

That smirk as he bit on his lip and gave a slight head shake.

The two of them share a look and Mercedes found herself shaking her head to his slight laugh.

"Nothing at all, Mariah."

"Liar." Mercedes scoffs.

"Then what you ask me for?"

A hand to her hip as she points at him, both his brows quirk—ready for what she was going to say.

Christian walks over. "Mercedes."

A snap of her head to him, she smiles. Legend caught the half smile on her face and followed her gaze to the man who called it.

"Hey!" Mercedes shoulders stiffen. "Where you been all night?"

"Just got back from Philly," Christian pulled back from the hug, he kept his arm around her. "I was only able to catch half of your performance though. I'm sorry."

Legend looked over Christian and just simply smirked, looking away.

"It's okay." Mercedes shakes her head. "Glad you made it." She clears her throat and motions across from her. "Christian, this is Legend Carter. The new owner of the strips."

"Oh yeah," Christian nods, he looked at Legend and that calm look on the man didn't meet the look in his eyes. "Everybody is taking about that. It had so many buyers, how'd you manage it?"

"You asking for yourself or someone else?"

Christian stumbles a bit. "M-Me, I guess."

A simple shrug of his shoulders. "The other people all of a sudden they didn't seem as interested."

Mercedes broke that down in her mind, knowing he threatened them.

"Really?" Christian grew interested.

"Mhm." Legend hums. "Then the bids just started dropping like flies until I was the last one."

Mercedes summed it up in that he killed the ones who called his bluff. The smirk on his face proved that theory.

"Either way I can't wait to see what you do with it. That place needed a good buyer. So congratulations." Christian sticks out his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Legend keeps his eyes on him. "Im not a hand shaker, Christian."

Mercedes gives Legend a warning look to which he just raised both his brows at her.

"No problem." Christian takes his hand back. "Im going to catch up with Marquis and them upstairs. Meet you up there?"

Mercedes snapped her gaze away from Legend and smiles. "Yeah. Just give me a moment.