I giggled, reaching for my phone that was on the charger.

"But what if he doesn't want to talk to me anymore? What if I wasn't overreacting? What if I'm just wasting my time?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I bet you his phone is dead. That boy probably lost his phone picking out your engagement ring." She teased as I rolled my eyes.

I reached his contact information, which I of course knew by heart. I pressed the call button and put it on speaker hearing the ring. I waited– but the phone went straight to voicemail. I looked at mom in alarm as I hung up the phone.

She smirked, "See, I told you, his phone is probably dead." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Call him once every hour, see what the hold up is. Now, it's ten and this wedding starts at twelve-fifteen. Do you think you can get your cute but up get ready? Your dress is hanging up in your closet. Stella is downstairs getting ready trying not to throw up on her dress."

"Oh, how lovely pregnancy is, remind me to never get pregnant."I climbed out of the bed, reaching for my robe and wrapping it around me. Mom followed me, walking with me as I left my bedroom– my cell phone in my hand of course just in case.

"Sage, bottomless mimosas in the kitchen!" Natalie yelled from the bottom of the steps but froze when she saw my mom and I.

"I mean, if your mother lets you drink of course." Natalie smiled nervously. Mom let out a loud laugh. "I am a failure of a mother so go ahead Sage, go down there and get crazy!" Mom patted me on the back as she walked around me toward wherever Stella was getting ready. I walked with Natalie into the kitchen and my eyes went to Sloane and Blake who both had dark circles under their eyes. My heart clenched.

As I locked eyes with Blake, he shook his head.

Where are you, Blaise?

I was suddenly hoisted up from the ground into the air and I screamed. "There's my little girl! Come on, let's go for a drive, shall we?" I shook my head as Dad placed me on the ground.

"Dad, I have to get ready for the wedding." I pointed out. He batted a hand at that. "You'll still have time I promise. Come on, let's go."

"I'm in my pajamas though." I tried to reason. He shook his head, coffee tumbler in hand, truck keys in the other.

"You don't need to dress fancy for this place. Come on, let's roll." He shoved me at the back before messing up my hair. I quickly followed him out of the house into the cold air. I wore a robe, a hoodie, and my flannel pajama bottoms. "Dad I didn't even brush my teeth," I whined.

"It's a surprise for your sister. Be kind." He opened the truck door for me and I climbed in.

"What is it?" I asked him as soon as he climbed into the truck. He laughed, "You'll just have to wait and see." He replied. As he flew down the road, he turned on some music singing and laughing with bubbles of happiness floating over.

As he turned down the familiar road, my brows furrowed. "Dad?" I asked.

He whistled, and rolled down the window so the cold November air seeped in. "Are we going to see grandpa?" I asked. He nodded.

"He's coming to the wedding." My mouth dropped open in shock.

"What!" I yelled.

He smiled. "Your mother and I decided it would be great, he's got a suit and tie– everything. He's good to go. They called me this morning." I was nearly bouncing in my seat with excitement.

"Plus, I thought going to get grandpa would keep your mind off of things." I frowned.

"Dad, it's okay. You don't have to worry about me." I said.