Fifty-Eight

Sage Williams*reader discretion is advised & pls read the authors note at the bottom

Sage Williams
*reader discretion is advised & pls read the authors note at the bottom

I had left his apartment not too long ago but somehow, I found myself coming back two hours later. Showered, a comfier outfit on, and a backpack attached to me. We were actually going to try to get the work done that needed to be done.

As I rode the elevator up, I felt my hands start to become clammy.

A telltale sign that he was already cracking my hard interior as the days with him went on.

Truth to be told, I had not one damn clue what I was doing. I had only just forgiven him a couple of hours ago and here I was, back again because I had to get homework done but I know damn well I'm going to spend these next couple of hours staring at him.

I feel like an asshole for not going up to that treehouse.

He feels like an asshole for assuming that I would go up into that treehouse.

I sighed, rubbing my head as I felt another pounding headache coming on. The elevator doors opened and I walked down the long hallway that led to his front door, which was open by the way. Wide open.

Before I could reach it though, he greeted me. He didn't have a shirt on, he didn't have pants on– hell, he had shaving cream still dripping down his face. The only thing that was covering him was a towel.

I sucked in a deep breath.

"Um, hi. You said to come back for the actual art stuff." My voice was raspy as I tried to keep my eyes on his.

He smiled a smile that met his eyes. "I know."

I stood there outside of his front door while he stood there in the doorway, staring me down.

"How did you know I was already up here? Do you have the door open for everyone?" I tried to crack a joke however he must've not gotten it because he didn't even laugh. I felt so awkward.

"My doorman called." He explained before stepping aside and letting me in. I set my bag on the floor as soon as I walked in. I turned to see if he was following me, but I smacked right into his bare chest. The towel's fabric brushed against my arms and he hissed.