Forty-Eight

Sage Williams

Sage Williams

I was fucking heartbroken.

"Where'd you get that hoodie?" Ellie asked as I slammed my body back down in the chair right next to hers. My eyes were wet, but I was sheltered by the hoodie of his sweatshirt that I had pulled over my head.

How could something of his provide me protection when all he has done is strip my comfort away from me?

"Lost and found," I muttered.

The seatbelt bell went off before we slowly started to decline. I looked out the window, Aunt Ellie was nice enough to give me the window seat. Looking out of this plane window and imagining jumping sounded a lot better than being on this plane any longer.

"Baby, I'm getting off the plane, and then I'm getting a police escort to the hotel." I blocked out Reese and Ellie's conversation as I placed my head against the window again.

It was vibrating.

Numbing me.

Everyone always says that being numb is the best feeling in the world. Like how you feel when you get high. Or how you feel when you are shitfaced in a house party bathroom at two in the morning. Or when you take antidepressants. It all numbs you. Everyone always says it numbs you.

But nobody ever talks about how scary it is to actually be numb.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly as we declined in the air.

.........my brother was the reason why Blaise left?

I pressed my head harder against the window, my temple aching as the pressure got more intense the closer to the ground we dropped. The numbness was rectifying. The way it made me dizzy yet so silent. It was comforting.

But then the plane landed and the numbness was long gone.

Long gone.

Slater fucking caused Blaise to leave?

Slater is taking responsibility for Blaise leaving?

Slater telling Blaise to stay the hell away from me? I am not some weak fragile little girl. I haven't been that girl for the last two years.