Eight

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

PAST

"Do you think I'm– underdressed?" I asked as dad walked around to my car door opening it for me. He shook his head. "You've seen pictures of Uncle Matti and me. I think you are in fact, over-dressed."

Mom reached for me as I climbed out. "I agree. It seems that Matti and your father could never keep their clothes on in this house." My dad let out a laugh as he stared back at the big white house that was in front of us.

This was certainly..... A house?

"Does this house have a movie theater, like ours?" I asked as he rolled his eyes, walking with me to the front door. "No Blaise, but don't point that out. Okay? Not every house needs one and not everyone can afford one."

I huffed as I walked seldomly up the stairs to the front door. "I see that a certain someone has all of these milkweed plants out here," Mom muttered as she walked cautiously past the garden which was– wow. Someone had spent a lot of time out here. There were flowers of every color and every smell you could think of.

"SVW," Dad whispered as mom nodded, a smile pulling on her face as she looked at me. SVW? What is that? "Dad I really hope that my shoes don't get dirty," I whispered as he knocked on the door.

Not even a second later, the door opened and I was launched at. "Blaise!" Slater yelled as he jumped on me, and then I proceeded to get jumped on by Drew, Leighton, and Baker. I heard my dad laugh before a whistle was heard. "Boys, stop." Slowly I was rolled off as Matti stood in the doorway.

Matti gave my dad a handshake before pulling him in for a hug, then he slowly moved to my mom. "Bologna! Still looking bitchier than ever," He muttered. My eyebrows raised as I brushed the dirt off of my clothing.

Thank goodness I didn't wear one of my custom outfits to this dinner– or playdate. My eyes ran over the boys who I had been playing with at graduation for the past week. However, I found myself looking harder as I found someone standing barefoot in the mulch crouching down with a sad face.