Three

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

PRESENT

"Oi, if I wanted you to touch my balls you should have just asked!"

I gasped as I clutched my goods falling over to the side of my goalie box. The sheer pain, the hot-burning agony of getting a ball to the sack was unimaginable. "Beautiful shot McGuthrie!" Coach yelled as the boys on the team cheered.

I gripped the turf in my hands before slowly rolling over on my back and crawling up to stand. After getting a million shots to the dick you would think I should've had this down pat by now, but never will ever take a shot to the nuts like a pro. I might be in the professional leagues, but it still hurts like a bitch.

"Alright, lads let's go!" I pulled my gloves off as the stadium alarm rang signaling that our practice was now over. It wasn't game season yet, we had actually just ended. We had just finished a championship-winning season and I couldn't have been a more successful player.

"Sorry, mate didn't mean to beam you in the nuts." Jimmy McGuthrie ran up alongside me as we entered the locker room. He patted me on the back as I shrugged. The Irishman was our star forward and was currently one of the highest-paid players in the league.

I shook my head as I pulled off my practice jersey. "All good, no worries." Smiling at him I stepped closer to the large area that had my name on the top of it and held the stuff that I owned. I enjoyed soccer, and I enjoyed the friends that came along with it. I enjoyed having something to take my mind off of things.

"Hey, Rookie! You coming out to the clubs with us tonight?" I turned my head at the nickname that many of the older players had tagged me with like a cow with a tag on its ear. I hated labels. I hated nicknames.

Nonetheless, I cracked a smile.

"Maybe," I answered, tossing the dirty practice jersey into the dirty bin. One of the attendants would wash it later. "Come on lad, you know you want to. The last time we went we had fun, didn't we Blaise? The one woman was all over you saying stuff in your ear, remember?" The boys on the team listened in as Jimmy spoke.