.

Here is advice from someone with gerascophobia: the fear of growing old: you're going to be 16 years old for 365 days only. And you could die at seventeen. When your mom asks if you want to sleep in her bed, say yes. One day she'll be in a hospital bed and there won't be enough room on the bed to make up for right now. Stop canceling plans: go out and use your legs while they work. You're guaranteed nothing, stop denying affection. You'll never be able to love as a teenager at 35. Someone, many someones, are gonna tell you they love you. Don't keep quiet because you've been told it's too soon. If you love them, say it. Be brutally, beautifully honest. Go out and change the world. Fight for peace and equality. When you're 70 and can only watch the news all day, you're not going to want to see the same issues still going on when you had every opportunity to fight for change. Stop romanticizing these "I don't need nobody" and "I don't have feelings" attitudes. It's easier to make friends in high school than in a nursing home. Embrace feelings and intimacy. Don't apologize for caring and don't let anyone make you feel guilty for showing kindness even when it's one-sided. You're a teenager for only 2,555 days then you're 20. And life never stops and slows down. Bones become fragile and hearts become weak. With every atom in your body: live. right now.