8

No more secrets 

Melissa drove to Penny's, her and Penny have history, especially with a same individual except he doesn't know the outcome of their little flirty fling that they had together while Brian and her were on a break.

Melissa walked up to see Pete and Penny were talking. "Melissa." Penny said. "Hello Benjamin." Melissa said. "It's been while." Pete said to her. "Indeed but tonight I got to let out a secret that I kept for a long time, as long as my daughter has been born." Melissa said. "Not even Brian knew." Melissa said, nervously. Penny and Pete looked at her with serious looks. "Melissa, what did you do?" Penny asked.

"Pete, you remember that night..." Melissa said and He nodded. She sighed. "Melissa..." Pete said and Penny sat there. "Pete... Sydney isn't Brian's daughter.... you are, you're Sydney real father, Brian was just step dad if you think about it all these years." Melissa rambled, blurted and Pete froze.

"Wait... you mean that talented pilot is apart of the Mitchell bloodline, she's my daughter?" Pete asked. "Shocked, she got the flying from her mother not her wreckless father." Melissa said, Pete gave her a look while Penny chuckled. "Why did you never tell me?" Pete then asked her. "You left town, I had no choice, I never saw you again until now, I made a promise to myself I would tell you and my daughter the next time..." Melissa explained but Pete risen his hands up.

"Wait.. wait... Sydney doesn't know about this, does she.... Melissa you are in ...." Pete said. "I'm fully aware Mitchell." Melissa said holding up her hands. "I can't tell her alone." Melissa admitted. "Pete she needs to know that not only the man who has her heart is going on this mission but her own father is going on this mission as well, her BIOLOGICAL father." Melissa said.

"She's right." Penny said looking at Pete. 

............

"You did right by telling Neil, after all he does care for our Halsey." Sydney told Max. "Nobody else knows, I told them to keep it hush for now... Neil stared at her for hours, my heart broke for him, I saw Javy." Max said. Sydney slightly smile. "How are you two?" Sydney then asked. "We are pretty well, first time a guy who made me fallen for him." Max admitted with a grin.

The door then knocked. "I got it, you just relax." Sydney said as she then got up and headed to the front door.

She opened the front door to see her mother and Pete, she was confused. "Sweetheart, we need to talk, privately." Melissa said. Sydney closed the door, as the three of them sat down on the porch.

"Should I be scared?" Sydney asked. "You might be confused." Pete said which made Sydney looked at him, puzzled. Melissa looked at her daughter, "I need to be honest with you, to be fair, the both of you are learning this secret tonight."  Melissa said. Sydney looked at her mother. "Mom, we haven't spoken in a long time, what did you hide?" Sydney asked as she looked at her mother.

"You aren't Brian Denvers's daughter... Your Maverick's." Melissa said then Sydney chuckled. "That's very funny mom..." Sydney said then she stopped chuckling when she saw Pete looking at the ground and her mother was looking serious.

"You are being serious.... did Brian ever know this?" Sydney asked. "He never did...." Melissa admitted. Sydney looked at her dad, "So Pete Mitchell, The dare devil Maverick, is my dad." Sydney said then Maverick looked at her. "I'm not calling you dad just yet." Sydney added then looked at her mom.

"Why did you never tell me?" Sydney questioned her mother. "I didn't know how, I think Brian knew, we both have brown eyes, I knew because the blue eyes gave it away." Melissa explained. Sydney sighed. 

"You look down..." Sydney said to Pete. "I was grounded.. permanently." Pete said to her which made hers and Melissa's eyes widen. "But... the mission... he'll change it." Sydney said. "There's nothing I can do." Pete said. "Bullshit..." Sydney said which Pete looked at his daughter.

"Anything is possible, you can show that admiral, it's not the first time you've pissed off an admiral Mitchell." Melissa said. Pete looked at her before looking at his daughter. "The impossible can be possible." Sydney said. "Do you think you can help your old man out?" Pete the asked her. "Yeah... tomorrow morning?" Sydney asked. "By the planes." Pete said. 

"Wow, my daughter is about to break some rules." Melissa said. "It'll be worth it, I'm not risking this mission to go south without Maverick." Sydney said. 

"So what's the deal with you and Nick's son?" Melissa asked. "There's nothing going on..." Sydney said which made her mom chuckle. "I think I see something when I see it." Melissa said. "Fine... I think my heart is starting to admit these feelings, we separated couple years ago, since being reunited for this mission.... the feelings, have been stronger... I am just trying to figure out how to tell him without the sense of fear." Sydney admitted.

"Go for it, it'll be you or him." Pete said to her. She smiled a bit. "Know something that I don't old man?" Sydney asked. "First thing, don't call me that, second, His mother was outspoken, not afraid to speak her mind and feelings, Bradley, not doubt is the same way, either he will or you will have to do it." Pete said. "I guess your right." Sydney said. 

"Tomorrow morning." Pete said. "Yeah..." Sydney said. Before she turned the knob, she looked back at the both of them. "One more thing..." Sydney said and the focus on the thing that was about to come out of her mouth. "No more secrets, from here on out, we tell each other everything...." Sydney said. "Of course." the both of them said to her. "See you in the morning Mav." Sydney said. "You too Wildfire." Pete told her. She smiled before opening the door to her house.

Sydney walked back into the house to a shock Max. "Maverick is your... dad?" Max questioned in shock. "You wasn't suppose to hear and yes... I'm quite as shock as you are."  Sydney said. "And Chicken Boy and him has issues." Max said. "You don't think I know that." Sydney said.

She was just nervous for the morning to come....