Chapter 9 The Table Talk Part 2

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm not forcing her, I'm just giving her a choice. If you don't know, the Yeagerists: the queen and my own faction of soldiers, have already taken control of the government. They have plotted to take my Titan powers for their own greed instead of protecting people. However, Zeke's spinal fluid were in their bodies, so it was only a matter of time before they would turn into Titans and be killed." Eren says.

"You... Eren!" Armin tries to punch Eren, but Mikasa blocks him. "Mikasa?"

Eren says, "So, Mikasa. You've made your decision?"

"I..." Mikasa lets go of Armin and says, "I promised your Mom that I would protect you...and that won't change..."

"Mikasa!" Armin yells in horror.

"I'm glad that you see it our way. The thing is, Historia and I also have talked about this for a while, if you want to, we can also make you the second queen of our Eldia Empire." Eren says, and Mikasa can only gasp in surprise.

"Second... queen..." Mikasa mutters.

"Eren! How dare you manipulate Mikasa!" Armin tries to punch Eren, and Eren doesn't react as he and Armin tumble onto the floor, with the table flipping. Armin throws a second punch, but Eren causally sidesteps it, still showing no signs of emotion, and just then, for some reason, Armin is tumbling to the ground with blood spews from his mouth.

"Armin!" Mikasa yells in shock. Eren says, "You may be wondering how I did it, basically, as the Royal blood of the Attack Titan, I can unlock the full power of the Attack Titan. The power to manipulate time."

Aya says, "The Great Titan War, I'm sure you already know it. The eight families who held the Titans turned on each other in an endless cycle of conspiracy and betrayal. However, that is going to change. We've already gathered the chosen ones of the eight families and we'll work together this time."

Eren then stares at Armin, who is still on the ground, "Hey, Armin. You and I have never fought before, have we?"

Armin glares at Eren and lunges forward again, throwing another punch, but Eren just dodges. "Do you know why?" Eren throws a punch, landing across Armin's face and sending him recoiling. "Because it's not even close to a fair fight."

"Eren, please stop." Mikasa holds Eren's hand with tears. "Just don't hurt Armin..."

Eren stares at Mikasa with a frown and says, "Of course."

Just then, Sasha, Floch, and Louise rush into the room and Sasha asks, "Is anything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is fine. What about the others?" Eren asks.

"Our faction has subdued them." Floch says.

Mikasa, Armin, and even Gabi are shocked to see Sasha in front of them. Mikasa asks, "S-Sasha? Is that you?"

"Oh, Mikasa and Armin. And the one who killed my body double..." Sasha says.

"Body double?" Armin asks while slowly kneeling.

"Yeah, I've already predicted Sasha's going to get killed, so we set up a body double to take her place. The body double is also one of our members, and she's willing to die for her and for the Eldia Empire." Eren says with a sad tone. "Now come along and behave, take him."

"Yes sir." The Yeagerists then bring Armin away, and Eren says, "And that kid who killed the body double as well."

After they are taken away, Mikasa asks, "Where are we going?"

"To where it all started. Shiganshina." Eren says.

While Floch leaves with Hange to meet Shadis and asking for Zeke's location, Armin and the rest are staying in the cell with Sasha guarding the place.

"So? All we can do is sit here while it all plays out?" Connie asks, now he's sitting in the cell with Jean and Armin. "I'm glad to learn that Sasha isn't dead... but now she's also one of them? Armin, can't you bust out of here as a Titan?"

"No, I'd just destroy the city. Unlike Eren's Titan, the Colossal Titan can't do something that precise." Armin says.

Jean asks, "So? Where is Mikasa? And why did Eren beat you to a pulp? It's about time you tell us?"

Armin says, "Eren's planning to do the full rumbling. He convinced Mikasa to join him. I swing at him and he hit back."

Jean says, "How did he manage to convince Mikasa to join him?"

"He promises to make her the second queen of the island." Armin mutters. "Mikasa also wants to protect Eren as it is Eren's mother's dying wish."

"But to think that guy is now the King and he didn't even bother telling us. But that means you manage to ask everything about what Eren did before attacking Liberio?" Connie asks.

"He was trying to negotiate with the other nations, but none of the other nations are willing to hear them out." Armin says. "So he believes that the Rumbling is the only option."

"Long time no see, Heroes of Shiganshina." Just then, they find Yelena and Onyankopon in front of them. Sasha is glaring at them. "It pains me to reunite in a place like this."

"Hey! You're on their side, too? Let us out!" Connie snarls at Onyankopon.

"That's a lot to ask, considering you guys put me on house arrest." Onyankopon says. "Just sit quietly and behave until Zeke and Eren meet."

"Must be nice, Yelena." Jean says, "Everything went exactly how you planned. Through you, Eren moved how Zeke wanted. Raiding Marley, getting people's support, using wine to take over the military... Now, Eldia and the Founding Titan are yours. You can crush Marley and avenge your homelands. Isn't that the real reason you came to the island?"

"This place was primitive. We brought it out of the past." Onyankopon says.

"And thanks to you, we manage to get a lot of useful stuff." Sasha says. "So care to tell us what Zeke's plan is?"

"Believe me, our true goal is nothing as hollow as getting revenge on Marley. Our goal is to end the cycle of hatred to save Eldia and even Marley. No more secrets. I'll tell you everything about Zeke's plan to save the world: His 'euthanization' plan."

After talking about the plan, Armin asks, "Stop children from being born?"

"Correct. That's Zeke's Euthanization plan." Yelena says, while Onyankopon and Sasha are behind Yelena talking about something.

"All the suffering brought about by Titans will disappear from the world. Gradually. Peacefully."

"Wait. How is that peaceful?" Jean asks. "If subjects of Ymir slowly die out, we'll only have geezers to defend in the end. How do we protect ourselves? You think they'll leave us alone?"

"The rumbling can serve as a deterrent as long as the Founding Titan and the royal bloodline are preserved. Fortunately, Queen Historia was blessed with an heir. As long as Subjects of Ymir inherit the Founder until her child passes away..."

"You talk like this is a sure thing." Jean interjects.

"Sure things... Certainties... No nation can claim to have them. Each one has its own share of problems. But there is one certainty, and that's the threat of Titans." She explains. "Their history of tears and bloodshed will be put to an end... by Zeke and Eren. I don't know how long humanity will last, but it's hard to think that a greater feat will ever come to pass. People will speak of the brothers as legends for millennia to come. Like the gods of the past. Even after their deaths, they'll be seen as saviors who shone over humanity."

Yelena's gaze shifts over to Armin who begins to cry. "Something wrong?"

"No. But to think your cause was so noble. It touched my heart!" Armin says.

"That's wonderful. I'm glad to know you understand." Yelena says.

I'll end the chapter right here, the next chapter will be the battle of Shiganshina. I hope you like this chapter.