☆ Chapter 17 ☆

The following day at 5:30 a.m., we were all standing outside in our PE uniforms, ready to develop our quirks.

Aizawa had Bakugou throw a ball, reminding him that his previous record was 705.2 metres during the fitness test. Another thing I hadn't even heard of.

His new result, 709.6 metres, wasn't as impressive as anyone had thought.

"As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved that much. That's why we will work on improving your quirks starting today. It'll be so hard you'll feel like dying, but try not to actually die."

Aizawa's words rang in the air as he headed towards a clearing. We were all assigned a single way to develop our quirks: Iida ran, Uraraka rolled down a cliff, Sero created tape, Yaoyorozu ate while creating, Koda screamed, etc. Others headed towards their "stations" while I stood there, waiting for my task.

"To be honest, Eliana," Aizawa spoke, "We have no idea how we should train your quirk since Vlad and I have no idea how it works exactly."

I was a bit flustered. "Well, if I had to explain it, I can either speak normally or make my words more forceful with my quirk. It's like an extra layer ...if that makes sense."

"So instead of throwing a ball, you're throwing one with spikes?"

"Uhm, yes, kind of."

"And how would you go about training that so-called layer?"

"Would you like to hear how we've been doing it so far?" It wasn't me who spoke. It was Dazai.

Aizawa looked a bit suspicious but didn't prepare for a fight, probably because I wasn't on guard against Dazai.

Before Aizawa could say anything, Dazai introduced himself and didn't neglect to mention that he was with the Detective Agency and that they'd been training me.

Aizawa turned to me. "First the Port Mafia, and now the Detective Agency?"

"Speaking of which," Dazai added in his over-eager playful tone, "We have gathered some information you might be interested in. The elite of the new League of Villains will attack tonight."

Aizawa was taken off guard. "But how is that- Wait, never mind. It doesn't matter. However, despite my trust in the Agency, I have some reservations. It is not rational to cancel the camp and go home just because you said so."

"The villains will attack tonight. We have plenty of time to prepare. There's no need to run."

"We?"

I noticed Atsushi alongside Akutagawa approaching.

"Well, we are responsible for the success of the counter-attack," Dazai explained to Aizawa.

"Akutagawa! Why are you here?" I asked.

"Dazai asked me to come." He stated before walking up to Dazai. Atsushi pulled me aside and said quietly, "He and Dazai have a bizarre relationship."

"I heard that, Jinko!" ''Jinko' was his nickname for Atsushi, meaning werecat or weretiger.

"Is it just the three of you?" I heard Aizawa ask.

"For now, yes. More people from the Mafia might show up later. Maybe some of our own as well."

Aizawa took a look at the three newcomers and (I'm sure) was able to determine who was from the Mafia and who was from the Agency.

"Well then, Eliana. Back to your training. Dazai, how did you train her?"

"Nullified her ability and made her command inanimate objects," Dazai explained, excited.