♥ Chapter 7 ♡

Akutagawa seemed to wait patiently for his turn for attention.

"Eliana, why don't you go change into your work clothes?" Sir Nakahara asked.

He probably needed an excuse to get me out of the room, I thought. I took the lift to the floor where my room was situated (just in case I needed to stay overnight). The room looked exactly like it had the last time I was there.

I put on a black tank top and some tights. The next layer consisted of a black-and-white striped long-sleeved shirt. The collar was white and I liked to roll up my sleeves up to my elbows to reveal the white lining of the shirt. My black skinny jeans were decked out with all kinds of gadgets and weapons; I even had a small gun under my shirt. But because there was no room for a belt, I wore black suspenders. And to distract from the fact I wore suspenders I had added a black tie to my outfit. It turned out to be great for hiding all sorts of flat things, such as a (totally legitimate) copy of my U.A student ID. I finished everything off with black cargo boots.

I looked in the mirror once again. But this time I was reminded of my dad, who always wore a suit. He was the one who had put it on my heart to only speak the truth. He had also told me to expose the evil, not work for it, but that memory was too painful for me to think about it more.

As I was about to re-enter Sir Nakahara's office, Akutagawa had just left.

As soon as the door had closed behind me, Sir Nakahara spoke, sitting in his chair and looking over some papers, "Be ready to leave with Akutagawa in 15 minutes."

"Where are we going?"

"On a mission."

"And why am I going?"

He looked up from his paperwork, his expression dumbfounded. I knew the answer: I was a member of the Mafia.

"No need to answer that, I know. Sorry," I quickly said. His mood seemed to improve immediately. I quickly changed the topic. "But we didn't get to talk."

He stood and walked closer. "I think I have a pretty good guess as to what you were going to tell me." He had a confident smile on his face.

"Then you'll know why I need to talk to you so badly."

"Concerning the class transfer? You need a plan?"

"Exactly." I felt such relief. He knew and I didn't have to risk accidentally telling him about the part I went to the Detective Agency. He probably knew anyways, but I never knew for sure. That was the problem.

He hummed. "But there is one thing I want to ask you before I let you go today."

"Yes?"

"Did you also plan to tell me about your quirk today?"

"What do you mean?"

"I was a bit suspicious from the start but now I'm certain you're lying about it."

The relief I felt vanished and was replaced with anxiety. I didn't know what so say, so I just stood there.

He continued, "Which is ironic because you said you never lie, right, Eliana? But you'll probably dodge this question too."

He was clearly angry. I was too scared to say anything. But I had to, eventually.

"You seem to have this weird confidence. Where does it come from?" he continued. "You're way too relaxed about things you should be more careful about. Yes, I think you're hiding huge power. But why aren't you using it?" he concluded with forced calmness, clearly indicating that he wished to know the reason.

After a bit of silence I replied with the steadiest voice I could, "This will take longer than 15 minutes. Let's talk later."

I didn't know what to call him, both Chuuya and Sir Nakahara could have angered him more.