I wanna be a Runner! (maze runner crossover)

You woke up with a jolt,breathing hard.

Surrounding you was a dark and eery shaft. Or box. Crates and boxes surrounded you as you looked around, scared. Nothing could be remembered, except your name.

'My name is Y/N'

Suddenly there was an alarm,you shrieked, jumping back. Wasn't the floor supposed to be hard?! You landed on something soft and warm. The object gave a scream and threw you against the cold floor.
"Where am I?!?! Who just touched me?!?!"

At that second red lights turned on, the first thing you saw was a pair of big brown eyes. The pair of brown eyes were looking straight at you,both of which were scared. In sync the two beings screamed. The brown eyes belonged to Hiro, who was just as surprised to wake up inside a box with you.

"Who are you?!" You both asked together.
"Hey I asked you first." Again, in unison.
"Quit that!!" Unison.

Sighing in frustration and in fear, you held the bridge of your nose." Look, I don't know you or anything. So I'll just say my name's Y/N."

Hiro looked at you for a second before taking out his hand for you to shake,"Hiro." You gave off a small smile and clasped the boy's hands. Which led to you stumbling into his arms; the box started to descend.

You didn't realize that Hiro was blushing; you were really close to him.

The red lights flared on and off for what seemed like centuries, until the box stopped rudely, and Hiro and you were sent to the ground. Hiro looked around scared,what happens now? To answer his question two pull-open doors were opened, and light caved into the room. You had to cover your E/C eyes with your hand.

Surrounding the vicinity around the box was a group of boys, each around the age of 17-19. Some may be older. But one boy looked around 12 to 13.

"Would Ya look at that?"

"What're they doing here? Thomas came here a few days ago."

"Forget that Shuck."

"Pretty ain't she?"

"What's that piece of klunk doing with her?!"

"Shuck it Mihno,"A boy with skin the color of earth snapped,he seemed to look like the leader,"Get them out."

A few of the boys fell down to the floor of the box,you were gluing yourself to a dark corner in the small square. Hiro looked like he was about to faint,before he could say or do anything to coax you out of the corner a strong pair of arms took hold of him and flew him out of the box.

"C'mon,"An Australian accent said softly. You looked up,a boy with blond hair and a sly smile was holdings out his hand,"Ya don't have to be afraid. Grab my hand. Unless Ya wanna end up a bloody prisoner here. The Box always leaves empty-handed." He snickered,even though you didn't get it, you laughed and took hold of his hand.

As you were going up Hiro was already being thrown by some of the boys in a giant circle. No matter where he turned he exasperatedly tried to find an escape route. Right after he was pushed one final time you were thrown into the circle too,hands shot out and pushed you.

"Enough,"A voice boomed,it was the leader."No one touches those two, otherwise the break'll be split in half. Newt,Thomas, show them Greenie's around. After he said that the boys dispersed. And infront of you and Hiro was a boy with green eyes and black hair, and the blond kid from the box that helped you.

"The names Newt. Fancy seeing you Greenie's in this pile of Klunk,"The blond greeted, then nudged the other boy,"This here is Tommy,he was Greenie until you two showed up."

The boy laughed,"It's Thomas. Actually. What're your names?"

Hiro wasn't sure,he only remembered something else. A name called Tadashi.

"My name's Y/N,"You said weakly,then pointed to Hiro. Who was looking confused,"And this is Hiro. Where are We?"

Newt slung an arm around the two of you and started walking you away from the Box and into their home,"This here be the glade. We've been put 'ere for a bit,in fact. Y/N, your the second girl here. And the-"

"Second?" Hiro asked,snapping from his trance.

Thomas nodded,"Yesterday a girl around our age came up the box."

"And she passed out. In a coma." Newt snickered.

How could he laugh when she's in a coma? Wasn't that a bad thing?

"We survived here for a bit,all because of order,"Newt explained,"There are jobs for everyone. The Sloppers,Tree-Hoes,Med-Jacks, The Cooks,The Baggers,a bunch more we don't need to say now, and The Runners!" At that name both you and Hiro stopped, Newt and Thomas stopped right in front of you two and watched with a look of confusion.

"What's up?"

"I wanna be a runner." Neither of you or Hiro realized you said it in perfect unison. There was no cutting shorter than the other,and the determination was the same.

"Excuse me?!" You jumped back,your E/C looking around and your H/C hair flipping, there was a boy the leader referred to as Mihno."You want to be a runner? And do you know what they do?!"

"They-"

"I didn't ask you Greenie!" Mihno snapped at Thomas.

"They run into the maze."

Mihno froze,and looked at Hiro,

"What?"

"They run into that maze. They map out everything and try to figure out its pattern." Hiro explained, a sly smile arched.

You tried to retain a giggle, Hiro had somehow snatched a map from Mihno's pocket of his pants. Newt noticed but said none of it.

Newt's mouth was flat out open,he closed it and crossed his arms. "Huh,not bad for a shuck face like you. We'll figure out what job your great at first,then at the Gathering we'll figure it out." He turned to Thomas and Newt,"See Ya shucks later."With that he ran. He was fast.

You bursted out laughing as soon as he was out of hearing range.

"You Hiro are a genius." Thomas chuckled,patting the boy's back.

"Race Ya to the Kitchen!" He started running away.

Hiro started running,and you followed after. Both of you were really fast.

Newt was trying his best to run. But because of his leg he couldn't. All he did was scream,

"THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE THE KITCHEN IS!!!!"

Ha!

Summer's finally here! I'm so happy, it means more time to write and more time to persuade my mum and dad to go to engineering camp. Hiro,I won't let you down! Well would I do a part 2 for this?
-Sofia/Alice