Chapter 7 an offer

This nice drawing of Lorelei was made by Verostrasza. It is a temporary cover. I will most likely change it to another one in a couple of chapters. Because let's be real, beautiful drawing, but not a good cover. But I have it and I wanna use it. Besides I been informed it can help your story to change covers a few times on your story.

Lorelei POV

Despite my eyes being open, the only thing I was seeing were darkness. The first thing my senses pick up is the smell of something metallic, and then I feel a sticky feeling on my face. As my vision comes in, the wooden roof of the Inn starts to form. Entering my ear is the muffled sound of Narin's voice. But I didn't quite hear what he said. When I shift my face in their direction, the twins are just a vague figure. My face stings, this wound is going to give me a scar, I am sure of it. As I struggle to sit up, I get to look down at myself. My dress is ruined and covered in blood. "Thank god you are alive, We became worried when the blood started pouring down your face," Narin says. Neary and Narin are sitting at the edge of the spell circle, I am sitting in the middle of it. It's a carefully drawn circle for a haunting spell. All set up for me to get in and out without danger. well, mostly no danger. Everything happening to you under the spell will happen to your real body. That included ripping my clothes. Neary takes a rag with some water, and gives it to me "Thanks... the mission was a failure," I say while dipping my face with the rag. "I got caught, and worse they only had Neary's records" They both look uncomfortable. I know something is up, but before I get to ask. "No they did not have them...because they are here." Narin gestures to some files identical to the once at Pupillus.

Confusion and frustration wheeled up in me, "Where did you get those?" I may have said it harsher than I meant. "I was on my way back here when a man called out to me. At first, I thought he was gonna attempt to rob me but then," Narin paused for a moment. Hesitating before saying "Lorelei he knew our names, and he knows what we are doing here." My eyes were wide and my mouth ajar. "How is that possible?" Narin Gulped before saying "He didn't tell me, but he told me he had an offer to make us." The rag makes a splash sound as I throw it to the ground "What did you agree to !?!" I shouted. "Nothing. He just gave me the records, I haven't agreed to anything yet." Narin tries to reassure me. "But he offered this." He gestures towards the table, where a small bottle with a glowing green liquid stands. "What is that? Narin, if you didn't agree to anything, why is it here?" "Lorelei that liquid, it can remove the marks," It was as if my mind stopped working. Removing our mark is impossible, we tried. Even cutting into it doesn't remove it, when the skin healed it was still there. "If it works why would he even give it to you?" I ask. "We are three, that is only enough to remove one. He gave it to me so we can test it, so we know he speaks the truth." My disbelief in that potion's ability is big. But still, he must be sure of it's ability to let us test it. This could be our freedom. But at what cost? "What does he want from us in exchange?"

"What he is seeking is some information we have," Narin says. Information? What type of information can we provide? Thinking over that for a moment, I realise what it is he wants. "The only information we have there is worth anything is about the royal guards and the castle." I pick up the files waving them. As I continue speaking, my voice picks up speed. "This man figured out who we are and why we are here and then he took the risk to get these, all for us to consider his offer. You don't do this just to steal something." The files were slammed onto the table next to the bottle. My heart is racing and my breathing is unsteady "He is brewing something bigger. This might be an assassination attempt." Neary is stroking her hair, Narin biting his lip. "I think you might be on to something. Do you think we should help him?" Narin ask. I start to pace the room "I do not know. If the potion works, it could be our freedom. But it's the royal family. We were raised to protect them. Even after all these years it still rings in my ears."