Chapter 11: Abhimanyu meets Akshara

Recap: Akshara and Samarthya reach Udaipur and stay at Gupta Mansion. Gayatri and Vatsal move into that house as well. Akshara decides to stay and help with the wedding while Samarthya leaves for Dehradun due to work. A day before Vansh's mehendi, Akshara meets the Goenkas so that they know of her return and do not spoil the fun by giving dramatic reactions at Vansh's function. Samarthya arrives and they attend the function together. Neil sees Akshara and texts Abhimanyu.

Akshara's audition episode is all set to air on television. To ease her nerves, she is visiting her mother's academy. Meanwhile, Samarthya is setting up a surprise for her at home. Abhimanyu sees Neil's text and is trying to catch hold of her when he too reaches the academy. Lured by her voice, he spots Akshara for the first time since she left an year ago.

.................

Akshara opened her eyes and placed the guitar down. The kids around her clapped and praised her singing, urging her to come every day and teach them to sing like her. She just smiled and gave the guitar back to its owner.

Akshara: Ab bohot late ho gaya hai. Aap sbki class ka time bhi khtm ho gaya hai na aaj ka?

The kids nodded. They gathered around her and hugged her before running away inside the building. Akshara breathed. Singing, specially for these kids who were students at the academy, was very peaceful but she was still nervous. The world had seen her youtube channel but television was major. She tried to hide on her channel but there was no hiding now.

All of a sudden, she frowned and then her eyes widened in realization. She understood she had company. A company from someone known yet so unknown.

Akshara: Abhimanyu....

She said his name softly. Abhimanyu, who had been admiring her all this while before approaching her, stilled. She could still sense him like he did her?

Abhimanyu: You can... sense me?

Akshara: I saw your reflection in that car parked over there...

She pointed ahead simply. He nodded before walking closer and lowering himself to sit beside her.

Abhimanyu: Hi

Akshara: (nods) Hi

Abhimanyu: Kaisi ho?

Akshara: Never been better? You?

Abhimanyu: I am better now.

She got a feeling he meant that in her context. She still refused to meet his eyes. Her voice was calm but her mind was running miles.

How did he get here? Did it matter though? She knew it was a possibility that she might run into him at Udaipur! Will seeing him do anything anymore?

No!

Her mind quickly answered the last question. Samarthya flashed before her eyes. Akshara let that realization seep in further before turning to face him- her first love and heartbreak. She focused on his face first. He looked the same, kind of. He looked tired.

Akshara: That is great to know...

Abhimanyu: Akshara...I-..I..You left!

Akshara: I did...

Abhimanyu: I couldn't find you.

Akshara: why did you want to find me?

Abhimanyu: because I love you...

Akshara closed her eyes briefly before looking into his eyes. The pools of hazel and warm sunshine that once melted her insides. She still felt an emotion. She wanted him happy but at the same time, she did not want to be his happiness.