Chapter 9: Going back

Recap: Akshara left for Pune. She bettered herself and tried multiple things before deciding to aim at a career as a singer. She also proposed Samarthya to be her boyfriend. Presently, after one year, Akshara has shifted to Dehradun. She lives in a rented flat and is a music teacher as well as a youtuber. She also does singing gigs.

.............

Samarthya Gupta entered his cabin. Managing so many hospitals, working with the board and being a well known psychiatrist wasn't easy. He rubbed his shoulders as he lowered himself on his seat and closed his eyes.

'Sammy!!'

And just like that, he could feel his fatigue evaporate. He smiled without opening his eyes. He could hear the swishing sound that indicated his cabin door opening and someone marching inside while humming his name in their beautiful voice.

Akshara: What is up boyfriend!?

Akshara said cheerfully as she sat herself down on his lap and planted a kiss on his cheek. Samarthya instinctively wrapped his arms around her torso and opened his eyes to see the happy face of his girlfriend. He pulled her even closer to his chest.

Samarthya: Filhal toh your mood seems up babygirl! Kya baat hai?

Akshara pulled away and got up in excitement. He was right, she was really excited.

Samarthya: well?

He probed her go on.

Akshara: So, I...(jumps) this is so exciting to me!!...okay.(takes a deep breath) So, I did not tell this to you earlier in case I did not make it but maine ek music competition ke liye online entry di thi and...

Samarthya: You were selected!! Of course!...Congratulations my Shorty!!

He jumped up to his feet and hugged her tight.

Akshara: Hey! Tumhe kaise pata?

Samarthya: Isme suspense ki kya baat hai? Tum gaana gao aur select na ho? Aisa possible thodi hai?

Akshara: (rolls her eyes) vo toh tumhe lgta hai.

Samarthya: (cups her face) sirf mujhe hi nahi, sbko tumhari voice pasand hai Akshu. You know your voice is so fresh, so melodious. It calls to your heart and then sticks to your mind. Believe me! Tum rock kr dogi!!

Akshara: (giggles) waise me nervous to bohot hoon pr excited bhi hoon...

Samarthya sat in his seat and pulled her back on his lap. They spoke about the competition Akshara was participating in and its details. She answered all his questions while gently rubbing his shoulders. They spoke for a sometime before Akshara pulled him up for dinner as she knew his schedule was clear now.

Akshara: Come now doctor! My treat!

They drove to Samarthya's favourite roof top restaurant where they had a romantic dinner. After that they went for a drive and ate ice-creams post which he drove her home.

Samarthya: (sighs) Lijiye Ma'am, apka stop.

Akshara: (giggles and pecks his cheeks while unbuckling herself) Stop sulking Sammy

Samarthya: Soon I will be driving you home..

Akshara: You drove me home...

Samarthya: (winks) not this silly! Our home... Ab mai tumhe roz raat ko alag flat me drop kr krke thak gaya hoon...bohot jald mai poore haq se tumhe humare ghar lekr jaunga...

Akshara blushed badly and whispered goodnight. He pulled her back as she was about to get out and smashed their lips together. Akshara's eyes widened in surprise initially before she relaxed against him. Samarthya gently yet passionately caressed her lips with his and she followed his lead. He broke away when he felt her getting breathless. He chuckled when he saw red face and peppered it with many small kisses.