Chapter 3: Pyaar

Akshara stared at the bright lights of the city. There was something serene about the chilly weather and the capital city of Uttrakhand. The air seemed fresher, everything felt lighter, brighter- maybe it was just her.

She fished out the wallet she had in her possession and took the ID out for the address. She booked a cab and sat down. She looked out of the window and towards the unfamiliar lanes. Soon, she reached the location- the house of Manoj and Neelam Gupta.

Akshara got down in front of the large house in what looked like a rather posh neighborhood.  Even then,  it was noticable that this was the largest and the nicest house around. She couldn't see much of it though as the house seemed a little away, maybe there was a huge garden first. The walls around were really high and left much to imagination. She nervously adjusted the strap across her body.

She looked down at herself. Now that she stood there in her simple jeans and pink blouse with nothing except a small sling bag, she felt stupid. She felt she had done something out of impulse. This was unlike her. She was never the one to react and think later. She was an overthinker. Analysing how things would impact everyone around her before doing it.

Akshara: Mai bhi A1 gadhi hoon! Iss ID se Sammy ka number dekh kr call kr leti. Pata nahi dimag kahan chala gaya tha jo seedha Pune se Udaipur aur ab Dehradun aa gayi...

'Maybe it was an excuse to see him again?'

Her conscious mocked her.

Akshara: shut up!

She chided herself.

Guard: Excuse me ma'am! Yahan kya kaam hai apko?

Akshara stopped her self-talk and looked at the guard who was frowning at her. Manoj and Neelam were high profile people and their guards were under strict instructions to not let unknown people inside without consultation. These days, media was trailing them a lot due to Manoj's health and so they were always vary of people- not wanting disguised journalists to enter the house on their watch.

Akshara: (in mind) Soch mt Akshu, ab aa hi gayi hai toh uncle se mil le...

'Issi bahane kya pata vo bhi dikh jaye...'

Her conscious chipped.

Guard: Hello?

Akshara: Hun!? Sorry...(puts her hair behind her ear) vo mai Manoj uncle se milne aayi thi...

Guard: and who are you?

Akshara: Akshara Go- Just Akshara please...

Guard: Apko pehle toh nahi dekha...

Akshara: I am not from around here but I know them from Udaipur..

Akshara felt interrogated but replied patiently as the guards were just doing their job.

Guard 1: Sir abhi Udaipur se toh aye hai, jaane dete hai isse...

Guard 2: Ye baat to sbko pta hai, we cannot let everyone in...

Guard 1: Let's ask if they know about her..

Guard 2: Time dekh, sir ko disturb krna chahiye kya? Isse puch appointment hai kya aur nahi hai toh bhaga de...hume toh koi information thi nahi iske ane ki...

When the guards refused her entry, Akshara decided to call Samarthya.

Akshara: Koi baat nahi bhaiya, aap apna kaam hi kr rahe ho. Mai call kr deti hoon...

She looked through his ID to call but the guard snatched it out of her reach.

Guard 2: Arey!!! Chote Sahab ki ID?! Aur ye kya hai....unka wallet hai shyd??...(snatchs it too)