Chapter 5: Feelings

Recap: Neelam and Manoj plan together. Neelam advices Samarthya to express his feelings while Manoj convinces Akshara to stay longer. Together, they plan it out such that Samarthya and Akshara get an outing.

..............

Akshara sat in the guest room. All her insecurities regarding people and her never being important enough for anyone had resurfaced. She had convinced her mind that even Samarthya did not deem her important in his life; that she was very easily disposable.

It might sound ridiculous to many but Akshara had never been anyone's priority. She never saw Naira but her parents who raised her- Kairtik and Sirat always expected her to understand and accommodate Arohi. Sirat did love Akshara but she always fed into her innocent mind that she was elder and must understand Arohi. After their death, most people sympathized with Arohi as if she had not lost her parents as well. Manish called Akshara his favourite yet she was the one who was asked to leave, not Arohi. Kairav called him their brother but whenever he had to chose someone to sacrifice- it had always been her and not Arohi.

After family, the person she gave her heart to was Abhimanyu. Though he loved her a lot, he too somewhere made her feel disposable. As soon as she denied him, he bought a proposal for her sister. Even after that, she wanted to be with him after the misunderstanding sorted out. Yet, he backed off saying Samarthya was better for her. She personally felt like she had no say in her life. She was very easy to give up on. No one respected her or her opinion. Either she could behave according to what people wanted or disappear.

Akshara: I am so much baggage! Maine mere past se abhi tk sahi se move nahi kiya hai! Why would Sammy want to spend time with such a bore like me!? Maybe he was trying to avoid going out with me and he is right in doing so...

She was deep in thought when she heard a knock. The staff came and asked if she was ready. She nodded and picked up her bag before coming outside. She struggled to walk a little due to the saree but she managed to make it to the hall without falling.

Neelam: Ready beta?

Akshara: Ji dadi. Aap mujhe area bata dijiye jo acchi ho shopping ke liye. Ya koi mall hai agar pass me...

Neelam: Kya zarurat hai? Sammy jaa raha hai sath...

Akshara: Vo busy hai na.

Samarthya: (comes after changing into casual clothes) Nahi, mai ready hoon sath chalne ke liye...

Akshara: Nahi, tum hospital chale jao. Mai chali jaungi....

Samarthya: Mera schedule free hai..

Akshara: um...I don't want your work to suffer..

Manoj: ( to Neelam) Maine kaha tha na ye bewakoof hai poora! Akshara has gotten the wrong impression.

Neelam: (to Manoj) pr hum jitna kr skte they, hum kr chuke...

Samarthya: Shorty aisa kuch nahi hai. Plus, it will be a great time for me to catch up with you...chal...

Samarthya and Akshara went out. He got ahead and asked the driver to pull out a car while Akshara followed him tentatively. Samarthya took the keys from the driver and told him he'd drive and won't be needing him. He opened the door for Akshara who got in with a small smile. Samarthya got in after her.

Samarthya: What to buy?

Akshara: Um? Just some clothes for a few days I think. I don't need anything else...

Samarthya: Okay, I know a perfect place.

Samarthya pulled the car out of the driveway and played some songs on the radio. His palms were getting sweaty. He had liked, no! loved Akshara all his life and had been around her as a friend but now that he was thinking about confessing, he felt nervous. But first, he needed to clear something out.