Chapter 1: New Ağaçstan

UC 0079. The One Year War is raging on with no end in sight. Zeon forces had been sent down to Earth with many cities falling under its control. By sheer luck, New Ağaçstan somehow managed to stay out of Zeon's sights(And knowledge). It had been nine months since House Tughril and its followers were exiled from their home in Side 3. Nine months since Tughril Ibrahim was killed by the Zeon backed Houses Murat and Suleiman. On Earth, what remained of House Tughril(which really just an 18 y/o)and its followers were given refuge in an underground city(it's more of an underground base like Jaburo)in the Amazon(well whadaya know)and were given partial autonomy over themselves. Their new home served as a weapons R&D facility for the Earth Federation. Despite this and their autonomous status, the Ağaçstanis willingly accepted their new life as it was better than not having a home at all. 

...

In the Heart of New Ağaçstan(or New Madinah to some inhabitants), stood a magnificent Ottoman styled palace which greatly contrasts the industrial military base aesthetic of New Ağaçstan. The many balconies of  Ejderha Palace gave a bird's eye view of the Ağaçstani home. Such places are a favorite for the Bey to pass his time once he's fulfilled his royally duties and shit.

Tughril Mahmut, son of Tughril Ibrahim and last surviving member of house Tughril. Nine months ago, during the Ağaçstan Revolution, his father, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles, anyone who wore the name 'Tughril' were killed in cold blood by the Zeon sympathizing Ağaçstanis(mostly supporters of House Murat and House Suleyman). Being the sole survivor, Tughril Mahmut ascended the throne as New Ağaçstan's first Bey at the age of 18.

"Bey," a man who looks to be the same age as Mahmut called. 

"What is it, Ahmet?" Mahmut asked without turning away from the balcony.

We've received a shipment of Zeon equipment." Ahmet said. "The Federation requests that we-"

"Reverse engineer and mass produce them?" Mahmut interrupted.

 "...Yes, Bey."

"Then why am I informed of this, Ahmet Pasha?"

"...Bey...one of them is a Zeon mobile suit."

It was only after hearing that did Mahmut face his childhood friend, his expression displaying nothing but surprise. "A Zeon mobile suit? Did I hear that right, Ahmet Pasha?"

"Yes, Bey. It was shipped in after it was taken out by one of the Federation's anti mobile suit platoons." Ahmet said.

"I..see.." His surprise ceased. "Is there anything else?" He asked.

"Actually, there is, Bey. It's from Suleyman Alp." Ahmet said. 

"From Side 7?"

"Affirmative. He says that a Federation Mobile suit took out two Zakus."

Mahmut's surprise returned. "A Federation mobile suit? You jest-"

"I do not, Bey."

"...Surely this must be classified information?"

"It is, Bey, and we're now one of the chosen few that know of it. Apparently, the Federation mobile suit was one of the results of Operation V, which was the Federation's attempt to create weapons that could compete with Zeon's mobile suits."

"...Wouldn't Jaburo be more suited for this?" The bey asked.

"As it stands, we're the only facility secured and capable enough to undergo such a task. Jaburo currently has its hands tied with trying to mass produce their own mobile suit but...with it constantly being dragged into battle, I doubt that will be soon." Ahmet explained.

"And where is this Zeon mobile suit now...?"

"In R&D. As we speak, our engineers are trying to get to its battle data, that is, if it has any left."

"Make sure they're extra careful when handling the generator. One wrong move and it could send New Ağaçstan sky high." Mahmut ordered.

"Of course, Bey."

"Also, have Suleyman Alp find out more regarding this federation mobile suit. This may be our chance, Ahmet."

"Our chance to what, exactly...?"

"To reclaim our land, Ahmet. If we manage to reverse engineer this Zeon mobile suit and find out how to produce them, we can convince the Federation to sponsor an expeditionary force to our colony on Side 3. With all we've done for them, I'm sure they'd be willing. Do you understand, Ahmet?"

"Yes, I do."

"Then if you're done reporting, you may continue your duties."

"Right away, Bey!"

Ahmet soon left the room, leaving Mahmut alone.

Mahmut decided he's had enough balcony-ing and headed for his office. Once in, he locked the door and sat on his desk. On it, were multiple similar looking maps, their only differences being the sketches on them. One of their similarities were the names written on the top of the paper, 'Ağaçstan, Side 3, Operation Homecoming'. Mahmut pulled out a drawer and took out a blank piece of paper roughly the same size as the maps and spread it across the table over the other maps. He armed himself with a pencil and began drawing, which lasted for only God knows how many hours.

To Be Continued