you were all that you needed

I've always been writing about love and now it feels as if I'll always write about heartbreaks. I never thought I'd spend my teenage years writing about the guys who never liked me back or even noticed me. I spent my days wondering if the person I admired also thought of me. I used to worry that the person I liked will never like me. And so, I kind of manifested that the people I'll like will never ever notice me in the eye. That's funny, yes. But the truth is that it can be so exhausting to be so worn out that you couldn't even try to talk to anyone else because of the damage that some people brought you. Some people might say that it's just a crush and you'll be fine without getting liked back, but it's actually very sensitive to talk about when you're used to being ignored or rejected or even blocked. Your self esteem will be affected. The way you look at yourself changes because you've been used to not receiving the acceptance that you truly wanted to have. And when you're looking back at all those times, you'll think that you just wasted your time on people who were not worthy of yours. But then again, there's this realization that will hit you in the gut. You met those people because of a reason and that reason is why you're standing still today. You got your heartbroken, so what? You were ignored, so what? You were blocked, so what? At least now, you know that you deserve so much more. You deserve a love that keeps you warm, makes you feel safe and healthy, appreciates you for who you are and supports you in every step of the way. Most of all, you deserve to give all these to yourself because even if the world has been turning its back against you, you were all that you needed and that's what matters.