Chapter VI

"What do you want?" I asked harshly the customer in front of me. I was sick and tired of serving these drinks to people, the groups of mermen and mermaids at the tables seemed endless.
---

"Geeeeez, gurrrrrrl. Don't be so pushy...." slurred the red haired merman I was taking an order from.

I rolled my eyes. "Will it be a octupus rum like last time then?" I fixed the strap to my horrific top, as it had slid down.

The man let out a wheezing laugh and eyed the strap thoughtfully. "Yepppppp, daaaarling."

As I turned and swam away trough the stinky water to collect the mans drink, he smacked the top of my tail, where my butt would have been, and let out another wheezing laugh.

I turned to face him, my mouth hanging open in shock. "Why you little...uh...seacrab?"

To my surprise, the mans face contorted into one of disgust and hatred instead of the smiling, slurred one he had worn before.

I quickly turned away before he could hit me or worse. I heard the slam of the door as he left.

Krella came up to me, wearing a sparkly red dress adorned in coral with a low cut neckline. "You're acting very bad for buisness." she hissed in my ear.

"Yeah, but I'm the only one that is." I grabbed two coral wine's from the counter.

I literally was. Amy had dissappeared into one of the back rooms, doing who knows what... Some teenager had hit Jess hard, trying to get her to...to you know what. Now her tail had bruises all over and a whole bunch of scales were falling off. Caspian had retreated to the back room, personally, I thought he was scared for Jess which was kind of sweet.

"Shut up. Put a nice pretty smile on your face and go serve people!" Krella gave me a little shove.

I swam away slowly, my mind churning with all the different things I could do to Krella if I could just find the courage.

I came to an abrupt stop as I hit a table. "Sorry!" I quickened my pace away from some slutty looking mermaids.

I set the coral wines down infront of the people who ordered them and then sat down in an empty table a ways away. I msierably rested my chin on my hand and wiped away a few tears. Why couldn't mom and dad just come save us already?

"Don't look so down." I heard a voice from behind me and turned to see a face that looked familar in a way.

"Uh, do I know you?" I asked this girl. She had brown blonde hair that fell to her waist, sea blue eyes and a purple tail which sparkled.

"Sort of." she shrugged then her eyes flew to the ceiling. "Up there." she smiled.

I noticed she was the only women in this pub I had seen so far that had not shaved her breast scales.

"What do you mean 'sort of'? Did you go to my school?" I continued as the girl sat down and looked around.

"Yes. I was a year above you but you were in my AP English class." She smiled again.

Her pretty brown blonde hair waved nicely around her circular face and I tried to remember her name.

"So...erm......" I started.

She looked around, then leaned in close. "Kaila." she smiled and leaned back.

"Why are you here? Pardon me for asking, but you don't, um, look the type. And you would be in your graduating year, 17." This was getting more and more confusing. I had remembered seeing 'Missing' posters for this Kaila. "Can you explain?" I asked.