Cy-XI5: Incend (CY) (UPDATED)

UPDATED: (04.21.23)

See the picture up there? CY got into both the first and second rounds of ONC 2023!

Unfortunately, I will be dropping off from there. For multiple reasons. The main reason is that I have determined the rough word count estimate of CY, and it far exceeds 40k (the limit to ONC). That aside, I will also be putting this on hiatus for some time. But if you have started reading this or are interested in it somehow, worry not because I will definitely finish this someday!

With that, I am imploring you to visit my other ONC entry that also made it past the first two rounds! You can find it in my profile entitled "Lightless Twin Souls." Its foreword will undergo an update like this one later, too, as its course changed quite a lot, but unlike CY, it will fall below 40k word count! If you are interested in reincarnated main characters or male siblings as the main leads (with some dark and weird complex and tension) in an urban fantasy setting with mysteries and looming tension, how about a little peek? See if you like it! XD

-

Foreword:

Hey there, and welcome to my ONC entry for 2023! That I will most likely not finish until late 2023.

This is the second time I'll be joining ONC! If you're not sure what it is, it's the Open Novella Contest held every year from February to April or May. You can check out the official account named @/OpenNovellaContest for more information if you're interested!

Last time, I did The Warlock's Azalea, which expanded into a novel. I am slightly terrified at the thought that this one may end up in a similar situation as TWA, but I'm hoping CY will remain a novella!

For a few pieces of information about CY (the shorter name I use to refer to this story), this is actually, surprisingly, very similar to TWA with concepts and tropes and whatnot. If you've read that one, you will find this one similar in some aspects. But not the way it'd be written, because not only will this one be written in third omniscient (TWA was in third limited), this one will be a year after I started my first finished novel. Let's see if I improved somehow.

Then again, this will be my first time writing a sci-fi story and my first time writing in third omniscient. So, please bear with me! I will edit this someday if I do finish it. Heh.

-

Now, now. For the prompts this story will be using:

42. The hero finally gets an opportunity for revenge but it comes at the cost of something meaningful to them.

69. I had a marvelous time ruining everything. - Taylor Swift

-

Another extra piece of information: the male lead in this story is heavily based on a fictional mobile game character. No, I'm not going to say who it is XP. If you figure it out somehow as you get to know him, I'd like to know!

Again, this will be my first time tackling not only this genre but also this perspective. While I don't mind feedback, please be kind with how you phrase it. My cybernetic heart is quite vulnerable. Yes, it is. Don't question it.

Also, I'll have to bring it up here that this may consist of possible triggering content mainly about body modification. I will be sure to give a heads-up if a chapter contains such content.

And so, thank you for coming here! XD I hope you enjoy reading! Even though science and omniscient perspective are part of some things far from my comfort zone, I think I can still guarantee that the story won't disappoint. Or I'd like to believe. XD

Before I finish this, one final reminder for everyone here reading is that this book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's (me) imagination and are used fictitiously. Many (but not all) resemblances to actual events, places, and persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Copyright © by S. G. Aris (starisredy)

All rights reserved.

(Only on Wattpad)

-

One final note:

This book's cover was designed by yours truly! Yay! XD

-

"The land of advanced technology. The creation of a new meaning in life. Innovation at the cost of anything. All trial and error."

- Cy-XI5: Incend