white lies

Huliet walked home after the protest. She said goodbye to juleah out of sight of wandering eyes.

"I must tell you something juleah, before it's too late" juleahs smile dropped, she feared she knew what huliet was going to say to her.

"My parents have found a suitable match for me. I will meet him tomorrow at the ball, i wanted to tell you as this man has been promised to me and i to him"

Huliet kept talking but juleah did not hear her, her eyes went watery as she realised the love of her life was going to be taken from her. "-and i...i wanted to tell you-" huliet was interrupted by juleahs lips on hers.

Huliet was startled by this and as much as she didn't want to, she broke free. "Juleah! You...i...i..." she looked around. "If anyone sees us, our virtue will be questioned and this will all be ruined. Neither of us will ever be married,  we will be ruined"

"I don't want to be married" juleah responded. "We can run away" she grabbed huliets hand "we can-" huliet broke away from her "juleah stop! I MUST marry, for my family and...for myself" "im sorry, juleah, i really am"

Huliet walked home, she opened the door, greeted her family and went up to her room. She was devastated, she lied to juleah, she wasn't promised to amy man but she had fallen for her and she knew it would never work so she told her a white lie.

All she ever wanted to do was protect juleah but now she feared, all she had done was hurt her.

                                 ~

Juleah lay on her bed, she knew it was a mistake to kiss huliet but she couldnt help herself. She had been best friends with her for 5 years and she fell in love with her 3 years ago.

I know i should stay out of this but screw it, im gonna go to the ball