But every day that passes, it becomes harder and harder to obtain those memories of us together when she is no longer in sight. There is only so little one can bear in mind with mere letters.

"Now, before we proceed to the wedding, I need you to fetch me this small white box from the study. It is on my desk, I recall." Anthony commands.

I frown.

"Why don't you get it?"

"Because I need to greet the guests outside. Now make haste! The wedding ceremony is starting soon!"

With an annoyed sigh, I hurry towards the study.

No matter how happily married him and Kate are, he still can be an exasperating older brother, declaring his commandments left and right. It would've at least been nice if he told me what the box is for.

I charge into the study, rushing towards the desk, but suddenly, I freeze.

My eyes widen and rapidly my heartbeat quickens at realizing that I am not alone in the room.

"Nancy?!" I say surprised.

Standing in front of me, I watch Nancy Griffiths turn away from the window, in a beautiful blue dress and long, curly locks of dark hair. She looks most regal.

Perhaps I should pinch myself to see if I am not imagining her...

"Benedict?" She calls as shocked as I am.

"What- whatever are you doing here?"

"Uh- well- The Viscount... he asked me to wait here for the girls. I am one of Penelope's bridesmaids."

"You are?"

"When I received a letter from Penelope that she and Colin were getting married and she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids, I immediately took the ship home." Nancy explains calmly before taking a few steps towards me. "-and you," she points at me. "I gather, you are the best man."

I only chuckle. "Evidently. I am only here to get something." I then respond, Nancy nodding while looking around the room as she runs her hand across the desk, remaining perfectly quiet.

"It sure is quite surreal to be back for Colin and Penelope's wedding. I can still remember when I used to push your brother all the time to approach the now bride-to-be."

"Some might even say, you are the reason for this to happen." I say with a grin.

"I will gladly take a bit of credit..- Now, you said you were here to fetch something?"

Oh right!

"Yes! Right...- erm- Anthony asked me to pick up something from his desk. A small box if I remember correctly-" I look around the room, only to spot, indeed, a tiny white box on his desk near to where Nancy has rested her hand. "Ah! There it is!"

I walk towards the desk and pick up the box so small, it is able to fit in only one hand. I frown as I notice a written note stuck underneath it;

Benedict, for the love of God, stop wasting any more time.
- Anthony

"What does it say?" I hear Nancy ask. I startle at how loud her voice is, only coming to realize that she is not even standing two feet away from me.

Carefully opening the box, I silently gasp at the sight of a diamond engagement ring.

"Oh Penelope's wedding ring! It is very beautiful!" Nancy then says excitingly, but I shake my hand cluelessly.

"No, no.. I already have that one in my pocket." I reply.