"Looks like it came at her from behind,fell on top of her. She lost her knife,cut her hand open then had to smash its head in with a rock" Daryl explained looking down at his feet.

"That's why she was covered in blood?" Shane asked them furious about what happened to her.

"Yeah." Rick sighed disappointed with himself. "Where is she know" he asked.

"In her tent. So is everyone else" Lori told him.

"I want Aunt Cassie" Carl mumbled out his head pressed against his fathers chest.

"Tomorrow but right now Aunt Cassie's really tired so let's just let her sleep okay?" Lori asked the boy gently as she took him from his fathers arms.

"M'Kay" the young boy mumble out clearly exhausted as Lori began to walk them back to their tent kissing Rick on the cheek before she left.

——————————————————-

Once she got back to her tent the first thing Cassie did was pull off her walker gut covered top off replacing it with a warm stripy brown sweater and her tartan pj pants. As she went to run her hands through her hair two things stopped her.

1: the fact that one of her hands still had a massive cut on it
2: there was walker guts in her hair.

She sighed to herself tearing the sleeves of one of her flannel shirts using one to wrap around her hand. After what happened Cassie knew there was a very slim chance of her sleeping tonight so she decided to go relive whoever was in watch of their duties brining some sweets with her in the pocket of her pyjamas trousers.

As she exited her tent she was careful not to make too much noise silently making her way towards the rv seeing all the dead bodies all over the ground. As she approached the rv she could see the outline of somebody sitting on top of it.

Still she walked over and round to the side climbing the ladder up to the roof. When she climbed to the top she realised the figure was Daryl who was sat with his legs hanging over the edge of the rv.

She sat down next to him as he stared over the camp awaiting any danger. The two sat in a comfortable silence nice on the rv mostly because Cassie didn't want to talk and Daryl didn't know what to say to her.

As Cassie went to play with the ring on her finger she remembered the cut on her hand looking to see that the piece of flannel had been soaked through with blood.

"Shit" she mumbled hoping she could find some way to stop the bleeding. Daryl looked over to her when he heard her swear and saw the blood soaked material. Without saying anything he got up and headed down the ladder.

Cassie sat on the roof by herself for at least a minute wondering if the redneck was going to come back before she saw his head poke out from from the side of the rv.

He came and sat back down next to her gently motioning for her to give him her hand. She did so as she trusted Daryl as he gently peeled the blood soaked material away from the cut.

"This is gonna hurt like a bitch alright" he told her wanting her to be ready. She simply nodded at him before he got the alcohol he had taken from the first aid kit in the rv from his side pouring some on a clean rag.

Carefully the redneck cleaned Cassie's wound careful not to hurt her too much. Anytime he accidentally hurt her she'd hiss out in pain and he would mumble a sorry to her trying to be more gentle as he continued.

Once Daryl had decided Cassie's hand was clean enough he grabbed the roll of bandages that sat next to him and started to wrap her hand. As he did he could feel her emerald eyes on him which made the tip of his ears go red a bit. Thankfully for him it was dark out and Cassie couldn't see it.

Stars and Scars [D.Dixon fic] TWDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें